Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 27

Glock 27

I keep going back to my G27 as my carry gun. Any one else carry a G27.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Only the ones with slides that say "Glock 26" and "9x19"

Site Supporter
    In my experience G27s are popular with people who are required to carry .40 or carry guns more than they shoot them, or both. The 27 works well but shooting the G27 or even the G23 at speed is challenging for even the best shooters.

For many years my agency was “.40 cal only” and despite several attempts I never warmed up to the G27 as an off duty or back up gun.
    Last edited by HCM; 10-18-2018 at 11:08 PM.

Site Supporter
    G26. Almost all the time. Big enough, and small enough, and controllable enough, and accurate enough, for almost everything. When it’s not, a G42 or 642 for carry, 92a1 for matches, or magnum or .22 revolver for specialized field use, take over.

I haven’t run it in a match yet. Timmy keeps telling me to, though.

I am not interested in a small .40.
    Last edited by Duelist; 10-18-2018 at 11:06 PM.

Nope.....granted, I have a Glock 26 (not a 27) but I can't find a reason to carry it. If I can wear the footprint of the 26, I can wear the 19 regardless.

I think about the only reason I would carry it is out of convenience, such as if I get assigned to the Marshals TF and put a X300U on my 19 for warrant service. Then I'd pop a 12 round mag in my Glock 26 for use in concealment and call it a day.
    Last edited by TGS; 10-18-2018 at 11:17 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Carried one for a couple of years, but had the hardest time shooting it.
    I found it rather painful, and knew enough that tingling & numbness after 40 rounds was a bad thing.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

The Glock 27 was the very first gun I purchased with intent to conceal carry (living in NJ and planning a move to PA). It’s the only gun that’s been a constant in the 15 years I’ve had my CCW.

Ironically, I can shoot my 27 better, and with less felt recoil (to me) than any of my 23s.

Today I typically prefer something bigger AIWB, or if deeper concealment is needed, than smaller / lighter / thinner (G43), but when I want easier and comfortable, the 27 OWB hides pretty darn well.

Site Supporter
    Contrary to the experience of some, I do find that a G26 conceals noticeably better than a G19 when carried IWB. The 26 also puts far fewer holes in my shirts, and can be carried in a front pocket of carefully selected, relaxed fit dress slacks.

I have never owned a .40.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I am a fan of the 26 but not the 27. I have a 22 and an M&P40 2.0 because the guns were cheap, the mags are cheap and they can share holsters with the 9mm's I have anyway. I might grab a few more LEO trade-in .40s like a P226 for the same reasons I got the other two .40's. I've never been a fan of the cartridge but trade-in guns being what they are it's hard to say no and having different calibers means I'm more likely to be able to find ammo for at least some of my guns if we ever have another panic-based ammo shortage.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Inspirational thread, my 27 is doing CCW duty. (Plus feeling lazy and avoiding AIWB / IWB for the next few days).

User Tag List