Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: HST/GD 50R LEO Only

Site Supporter
    @deputyG23 - check with Target Sports for the Remington LSWC-HP. I think I noticed that they had a bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    Sounds like my practice. If I were not eligible for LE pricing, I would probably carry exclusively round guns that are regulated for 130-135 grain +P ammo since 158 Remington +P LHP is pretty much unobtainable right now. I have a small handful left over from the late '80s service revolver days. I do have a backup stash of Federal XM9001 that shoots very well in all of my 9mm guns and chronographs within 25 FPS of my very small hoard of 9BPLE.
    I have also found the XM9001 to shoot real good in multiple guns. Bought a bunch of it. Wish I’d bought more of the Federal 124 (LE9T1) and 135 (LE9T5) bonded stuff which also shoot well for me. If anyone is still shooting .40, the Federal 165 bonded JHP is another great accurate load.
    Last edited by LtDave; 10-30-2018 at 10:15 PM.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    since 158 Remington +P LHP is pretty much unobtainable right now.
    https://www.luckygunner.com/38-speci...-htp-50-rounds

8 in stock @deputyG23
    Taking a break from social media.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    @deputyG23 - check with Target Sports for the Remington LSWC-HP. I think I noticed that they had a bunch.
    Just ordered a case. My old girl .38s that are regulated for 158 grain ammo will be happy. Thanks for the heads up. Good pricing at $172/500 delivered as well.
    There was some bitching on the Smith-Wesson forum some time ago about the newer lots of this ammo being loaded weaker than earlier lots from the 70’s and 80’s. I will chronograph my old stash from the mid ‘80s against the fresh stuff when it comes in just for fun...
    Last edited by deputyG23; 10-31-2018 at 05:20 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    I have also found the XM9001 to shoot real good in multiple guns. Bought a bunch of it. Wish I’d bought more of the Federal 124 (LE9T1) and 135 (LE9T5) bonded stuff which also shoot well for me. If anyone is still shooting .40, the Federal 165 bonded JHP is another great accurate load.
    I included some of the XM9001 in my recent order to try out. I'm especially interested in it for my SIG P6, an early one which was designed to run specifically with hardball, which is what that bullet is designed to emulate. That bullet has the best reputation of the old school JHPs and at $14/box is tempting. I keep telling myself to sell the P6, but it's too damned nice. Also, Target Sports has a good supply of the LE9T5 load, albeit at $30/box.

@deputyG23 - I risked getting killt in da streetz Sunday and carried my old favorite carry gun, a 4" M10-8 with the Remington load. I went to the range and shot the five yard round-up cold to see how much I had forgotten - some, I only scored a 91 due to the weak-hand part - and followed it up with 150 rounds of my 158-grain RNL handloads which chrono at just over 800 fps. The Remington stuff was considerably feistier. I'll chrono it when I chrono the 9x19 loads I just ordered.

Just got this reply from SG when I asked why the price on HST 50rd boxes jumped 8 bucks a box.

Hi Jason

The factory cut off supply on the HST, Hydrashok and Golddot in 50 round boxesseveral months ago after they threw a big fit about it being sold into thecommercial market. Basically that ammunition is made for law-enforcement salesonly, however we’ve been able to break the rules without getting in trouble forit for quite a while now, but it just caught up to us finally. I’m not going tobe able to get anymore for probably a very long time. I was making $0.75 a boxwhen I sold it by the case and $1.75 when I sold it individually and I don’twant to give away the last of it at those sort of prices if I cannot getanymore. Time will tell how this all plays out but if I am able to get a new sourceor find a way to work around this and buy that ammunition cheap again I willlower the price at that time.

Thank you
    Sam
    SGAmmo

Never mind
    Last edited by 23JAZ; 10-31-2018 at 12:23 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    I ordered 5 boxes from Streichers as well. Unfortunately, I didn't see the note about the discount code until I finished the order, but the $22/box is around the best price I've paid for 147gr HST, so I'm not upset. Per tracking, it should arrive Thursday.

Chris
    Order showed up Thursday. I have to say I'm happy with my Streichers experience. I ordered the ammo Sunday night and had it by Thursday afternoon at a great price and free shipping. Not sure it gets any better than that.

This gives me 9 full boxes and most of a 10th (split between two mags with a few loose rounds). That should keep me going for a while.

Chris

I split a case,I have 13 full boxes and a partial. Guess that will have to hold me for a bit.

I'm tapped out financially, but hopefully someone who needs it, won't resell and hose "us" later could use some at the legacy pricing.

https://massammo.com/sale-federal-hs...eid=3766e9a691

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

User Tag List