Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: HST/GD 50R LEO Only

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    I just noticed they added the “For sale to LE only” disclaimer which they did not have earlier. I ordered yesterday. They authorized my CC but didn’t charge the full amount. We’ll see what happens.

I have enough on hand for a while if I don’t get the order.
    I have a fair bit too, but it'll be nice to have the extra boxes. We'll see how this shakes out.

I haven't bought a 50-round box of 9mm HST for less than 25 bucks, ever. Most of the time it's 25-30 bucks.

As long as I can get 50-round boxes, I'll be happy.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 10-27-2018 at 10:12 PM.

Site Supporter

Winchester Ranger 9mm Luger 147 Grain Bonded Jacketed Hollow Point

Found this while pricing some practice ammo.

It's RA9B which is on DocGKR's list.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/winc...9b-p-3650.aspx

$21.99/box of 50

From the comments by a Customer Service Rep: "This was a one time run by Winchester using brass casing instead of Nickel Plated Brass"

Streicher's did just ship my order of 147gr HSTs which I placed on Saturday. It didn't ask for credentials. Thanks, Norville, for the coupon code. That brought it to just under $20/50 shipped. Not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgentFix View Post
    Streicher's did just ship my order of 147gr HSTs which I placed on Saturday. It didn't ask for credentials. Thanks, Norville, for the coupon code. That brought it to just under $20/50 shipped. Not bad.
    Yes, thanks @Norville
    Taking a break from social media.

same

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Yes, thanks @Norville
    Quote Originally Posted by perlslacker View Post
    same
    Mine shipped as well. Glad I could help!

Streichers order delivered today. Thanks to @Norville, @Shawn Dodson, and @Duelist!

Site Supporter
    I ordered 5 boxes from Streichers as well. Unfortunately, I didn't see the note about the discount code until I finished the order, but the $22/box is around the best price I've paid for 147gr HST, so I'm not upset. Per tracking, it should arrive Thursday.

Chris

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Haven’t calculated it. But it does kind of make me wish I was exclusively carrying a revolver again. In about 1998-1999, I bought a S&W 4” Model 10 and two 50 rd boxes of Speer Gold Dots, 125gr standard pressure. IIRC, I paid about $12/box, and I fired the last five of them this spring through a 642. Revolver rounds don’t seem to get nearly as beat up as fast as semiauto rounds do. I carried some of those cartridges until the nickel was almost completely worn off the case head.

I have a small stash of 9mm Gold Dots left, have used up some boxes of it, and switched to HST last year because it was a few bucks less per box of 50. I just bought 5 boxes of 147gr 9mm HST at because I don’t feel like being at the mercy of the market. I will probably be set for a good while with that much added to my small stash.

If I hadn’t been able to find any HST or Gold Dots at a price I could tolerate, I’d have probably eventually have said “f it”, and bought a case of 9BP at like $13/50. I know it’s older tech, but I’ve also shot it through some heavy range cow bones without any troubles, and really, whatever I carry in my G26 probably doesn’t matter nearly as much as that I carry whenever I can. Heck, today, when I carried, it was my G42. Hornady XTP in the gun, Winchester flat nose ball in the spare.
    Sounds like my practice. If I were not eligible for LE pricing, I would probably carry exclusively round guns that are regulated for 130-135 grain +P ammo since 158 Remington +P LHP is pretty much unobtainable right now. I have a small handful left over from the late '80s service revolver days. I do have a backup stash of Federal XM9001 that shoots very well in all of my 9mm guns and chronographs within 25 FPS of my very small hoard of 9BPLE.

User Tag List