Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: HST/GD 50R LEO Only

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    I really want to know what ATK is smoking with regards to Speer/Federal defensive loads. We've got more civilian carriers than ever before out there trying to test their carry loads, and their reaction is to spike the price of ammo from $25-30ish per box of 50 HSTs to $25 for a 20 round box by locking everyone without a badge out from the full size boxes?

Absolutely ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    For those of us who are "credentialed". Atlantic Tactical is now offering 10% off on Winchester Ranger. $17.06 per 50 for 9mm Ranger-T.

I realize that companies have the right to refuse service to anyone but I will not do any business of any kind with a company that decides that my non LEO status makes me asecond-class customer.

It would be nice to have more ammunition/firearms companies competing against one another. This whole consolidation trend hasn't done the consumer much good.

HST/GD 50R LEO Only

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I realize that companies have the right to refuse service to anyone but I will not do any business of any kind with a company that decides that my non LEO status makes me asecond-class customer.
    Especially at a time that there are other comparable options. For the longest time Federal/Speer where king for their quality control over Winchester. Hornady now has a vetted round in the 135 +P that can challenge the HST/GD. The reason I haven't tried it was cost. If Vista new pricing holds the case I order will be Hornady 135 +P. Don't really want to, it will take the whole case to vet the round in all my usual use/training pistols but I'm not going to reward bad behavior by Vista.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by CoGT3; 10-23-2018 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Just went and ran the numbers on my Gold Dot usage for the past 4 years. I apparently have enough for the next 17.5 years at my current rate of consumption. I could probably add a couple of months if I stopped putting down groundhogs and coons.
    I am down to about 2500 rounds of 124+P HST and I am in my 70's with health issues so I "May" not have to order any more.

I picked up 6 boxes from Streicher’s. Combined with a few boxes on hand I am set until 2025 or until we get plasma rifles in the 40 MW range.

As long as I don’t buy any new guns that require reliability testing
    Last edited by Norville; 10-23-2018 at 07:07 PM.

Has there been any official word on the reason for the price hike? Is this Vista Outdoor changing their distribution policy?

Quote Originally Posted by perlslacker View Post
    Has there been any official word on the reason for the price hike? Is this Vista Outdoor changing their distribution policy?
    Bone Frog just sent an e mail saying them will be a restriction on their 124gr. LEO ammunition as requested with more to come later. Must have credentials to purchase.

Site Supporter
    Someone who talked to a dealer said that they were always supposed to be selling the 50 round boxes as LE only but no one really followed that rule and Vista couldn't track it. Now Vista has a new tracking system so they slapped the dealers on the wrist and told them to start enforcing the LE restriction. It's my understanding the old stock of 50 round boxes are being sold to civvies because they don't have the new tracking codes (or whatever) yet. If that's the case I'm assuming the markup is simply because the dealers are getting what they can out of it while they can.

That's all second hand info and could be partially or entirely incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    I really want to know what ATK is smoking with regards to Speer/Federal defensive loads. We've got more civilian carriers than ever before out there trying to test their carry loads, and their reaction is to spike the price of ammo from $25-30ish per box of 50 HSTs to $25 for a 20 round box by locking everyone without a badge out from the full size boxes?

Absolutely ridiculous.
    First, you should know that most citizens who carry concealed are not testing their carry ammo. Most just shove them into the mag and head out into the world. The few who do test might run a magazine through the gun. I know it seems like more vet their ammo because here on P-F we are a like-minded crew of shooters. We are not the norm however.

As for pricing... I don't like it either, but it's capitalism. If they raise prices too high and the product doesn't sell, they will adjust downward. It's a free economy and the business of business is profit. Anyone who wants free ammo should get sponsored as a shooter or take an oath and join the blue line.

"If you want to train with your carry ammo and don't like the idea of the price to do so jumping by nearly 300%, you should join the police."

To be clear, is that what you're saying here? I need to be 100% certain before I mentally log it to bring up next Pfestivus.

User Tag List