Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: HST/GD 50R LEO Only

Site Supporter

40 S&W and 45 ACP HST Still Out There...

In case any of my fellow dinosaurs need any, Mass Ammo still has 50 round boxes of 40 HST in 165- and 180-grain flavors and standard velocity 45 230-grain. $23/box.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    In case any of my fellow dinosaurs need any, Mass Ammo still has 50 round boxes of 40 HST in 165- and 180-grain flavors and standard velocity 45 230-grain. $23/box.

Thanks for that @revchuck38

I like their flat rate shipping!
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Just grabbed (6) 50 round boxes of GD 124 +p from sgammo.

No big mark up, and no LE requirement. They still sell the 20 round boxes but for more per round.

Quote Originally Posted by dudley0 View Post
    Just grabbed (6) 50 round boxes of GD 124 +p from sgammo.

No big mark up, and no LE requirement. They still sell the 20 round boxes but for more per round.
    50% isn't a big mark up? Those were $20/50 a couple months ago.

Granted this is what I was paying at the gun shows a couple years ago, but I was under the impression that all of this was going up or being reserved for LEO.

Maybe I shouldn't have jumped when I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I realize that companies have the right to refuse service to anyone but I will not do any business of any kind with a company that decides that my non LEO status makes me asecond-class customer.
    You are completely missing the mark here. They sell the same ammunition to distributors/vendors at a discounted rate so they can in turn sell it to LE professionals for less. LE and non LE SKU's are different for this purpose. It's a contractual obligation to obtain credentials when selling LE SKU ammo. Anybody not obtaining creds is doing it wrong, and screwing over every LE, MIL, and First Responder who can't find the ammo in-stock at their local dealer. It's merely a matter of time before those who don't play by the rules are cut off, and most (if not all) ammunition companies will cut you off for both LE/MIL and commercially. The worst offenders aren't even typically LE/MIL vendors, but are buying it out the back door somewhere else, like Bone Frogs.

If you're offended by this, then you must be offended by every other discount you don't personally qualify for.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    You are completely missing the mark here. They sell the same ammunition to distributors/vendors at a discounted rate so they can in turn sell it to LE professionals for less. LE and non LE SKU's are different for this purpose. It's a contractual obligation to obtain credentials when selling LE SKU ammo. Anybody not obtaining creds is doing it wrong, and screwing over every LE, MIL, and First Responder who can't find the ammo in-stock at their local dealer. It's merely a matter of time before those who don't play by the rules are cut off, and most (if not all) ammunition companies will cut you off for both LE/MIL and commercially. The worst offenders aren't even typically LE/MIL vendors, but are buying it out the back door somewhere else, like Bone Frogs.

If you're offended by this, then you must be offended by every other discount you don't personally qualify for.
    I did not realize we were experiencing a shortage where LE, MIL, and First Responders were unable to find ammo in-stock at their local dealer. I thought most LE, MIL, and First Responders were ISSUED duty ammunition.

Regarding Bone Frog, you might want to check out the attached link to their customer registration page which states qualifying credentials required.
    https://www.bonefroggunclub.com/page...istration-form
    Last edited by David C.; 03-28-2019 at 12:41 AM.
    Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer.

I’m issued ammo at work but I’m free to buy extras. My local LE dealer has been unable to get 147gr HST in the 50rd boxes in enough quantity to keep it on the shelf for months. In large part due to backdoor sales by other retailers, most of which are online

Banned

You do realize that this thread is 4 months out of date right?

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I realize that companies have the right to refuse service to anyone but I will not do any business of any kind with a company that decides that my non LEO status makes me asecond-class customer.

So, you don't own Glocks because they have a blue label program? Won't patronize restaurants that offer an LE discount? Do you feel the same way about veteran's and senior citizen discounts?

ETA: The above question is rhetorical in nature, and not a direct query expecting a reply.
    Last edited by Chuck Whitlock; 03-31-2019 at 11:57 AM.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List