Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: HST/GD 50R LEO Only

Today I was surprised to find an advertisement from Federal in my personal email inbox. Here's the link they sent:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0Tx98B-hzc

LOL. I dunno how Vista got my personal email address. Too bad they weren't offering up any personal defense ammo.

Mebbe 'cause I live in the Tennessee woods they think I need some defendin' against squirrels and 'possums 'n such.
    Last edited by muzzleblast; 11-09-2018 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Well, you can always join REI.
    Yeah, I think pressure for chains like REI specifically is why they are running around and tightening up on anything firearms related, and why they are selling Savage and Stevens.

HST/GD 50R LEO Only

I know it won’t make anyone less justifiably upset but Vista is offering a rebate on Federal brand defensive ammo including HST and Hydrashok Deep: https://promotions.vistaoutdoor.com/...ome/Brand/1069

Buy two boxes of ammo and get $5 back. If you can snag a case, that’s $50.
    Last edited by WobblyPossum; 11-09-2018 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Clarified that the rebate only applies to Federal brand ammo
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I know it won’t make anyone less justifiably upset but Vista is offering a rebate on Federal brand defensive ammo including HST and Hydrashok Deep: https://promotions.vistaoutdoor.com/...ome/Brand/1069

Drat- guess I bought mine 6 days too soon (purchase must be in Nov). On the bright side, I did get mine at a good price before it sold out...

I saw the rebate but wasn't sure it would apply to 50 round boxes as it seems to apply to the Personal Defense branded HST. The 50 round boxes are branded Law Enforcement Ammunition.

Perhaps I'm over thinking this but it seems aimed at the 20 round boxes discussed earlier in the thread.

Last edited by JSGlock34; 11-09-2018 at 06:39 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I saw the rebate but wasn't sure it would apply to 50 round boxes as it seems to apply to the Personal Defense branded HST.
    I didn’t even think of that. That’s lame if true. Might be worth an email to Vista to verify.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Thanks for the info the other day on www.massammo.com as I was able to get some 9mm & .45 acp HST.

Quote Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
    Maybe there needs to be a boycott of Vista Outdoor. Here are there brands

https://vistaoutdoor.com/brands/
    Federal may be dicks about ammo, but RCBS just shipped me die parts (that I broke) on the house. I'm not giving up Alliant powder because they're capitalists.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

FYI, I just ordered 700r of 124/HST from these guys @ $24.95/50r box, which is the same price I had paid at SG Ammo in the past. I've ordered from them before, they are another family owned business, and I've had good, reliable service from them. I placed the order on Wed night, 7th, and got it yesterday, vis UPS. They still show 6 cases left, and a good bit of individual boxes. Aside from Bone Frog, this is the best price I've seen on HST, since I started this thread. I just wanted to share the find at OL.

https://www.outdoorlimited.com/bulk-...e-1000-rounds/

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I saw the rebate but wasn't sure it would apply to 50 round boxes as it seems to apply to the Personal Defense branded HST. The 50 round boxes are branded Law Enforcement Ammunition.

Perhaps I'm over thinking this but it seems aimed at the 20 round boxes discussed earlier in the thread.

I didn’t even think of that. That’s lame if true. Might be worth an email to Vista to verify.

Still note sure if it applies to HST LE boxes -
    Cash redemption value is 1/100 of 1 cent. Maximum rebate limited to $5 per qualifying box purchase. Minimum of 2 boxes must be purchased to qualify. Redemption limited to ten (10) boxes or $50 per household. Purchase must be made between Nov 1, 2018 and Mar 31, 2019, and the rebate form along with required documents must be postmarked by Apr 30, 2019. Consumer must submit rebate form with product UPC barcodes cut from packaging, original cash register receipt and/or dated itemized sales invoice. Please allow approximately 8 to 10 weeks for delivery. CONSUMER REBATE ONLY. Clubs, groups, organizations and dealer entries are void and will not be honored, acknowledged or returned. Purchases made through ExpertVoice®, Wholesalers, Distributors, Vista Outdoor discount programs and retailer employee discount programs are excluded. Material from non-compliant requests will be determined without response. No duplicate or reproduced rebate forms will be honored (online rebate submission form acceptable). Void where prohibited and subject to all laws. Offer valid for U.S. and Canadian purchases and U.S. and Canadian residents only. Rebate paid in U.S. funds only. This rebate may not be combined with any other offers or coupons affecting the same product. Federal may change the terms of the promotion at any time. Subject to product availability; quantities limited. Backordered purchases will not be honored unless received and paid for by the final valid purchase date of March 31, 2019.
    But right now, Target Sports USA only shows rebates for the 20-round boxes. Still, if one was okay with 124-grain Hydrashok (instead of HST). The price from Target Sports is $13/box, which works out to 39.5¢ per round after the rebate, which isn't a bad price for a premium JHP. I might snag 200 rounds just to use in the 9mm AR.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 11-13-2018 at 10:17 AM.

User Tag List