Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New "Black Hawk Down" Documentary Coming Soon.

Looking forward to seeing this. And yeah BHD and Killing Pablo are both really, really good.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Woah, woah, woah... was listening to one of the above documentaries: I didn't know that Osama bin Laden and Al-Quaeda were helping Adid in Somalia.
    Yep, and they were emboldened when they witnessed how easily the American politicians turned tail & ran.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    This one?

That's evidently an abbreviated version for Panteao's TV series. The full length DVD is about three hours long.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

What is the doc that had Several Delta guys contradicting the book about the reason they got pinned down?

As I recall it had Kyle Lamb, Vickers and Howe(?) stating that Lt. Col. Mcknight screwed the pooch and didn't follow the exfil plan.

If this was posted elsewhere I missed it. A long interview with Col. (ret) Larry Perino, Col. (ret) Lee VanArsdale, and Master Sgt. (ret) Kyle Lamb.

"Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Kyle Lamb is a retired Sergeant Major, not Master Sergeant.
    C Class shooter.

In a former life, I was a Intell Officer for a SF BN 1/5 SFG(A). They had pictures on the wall from that day. Several Sniper teams in helicopters. From the stories, from those accounts, there was several other elements supporting the operation as a whole. I would love to one day see something on the other units that were on the ground that day.

I knew the 10th MTN got hit pretty good that day. Maybe this story will get that out for them. So much to tell, so few willing to listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin B. View Post
    I copied what the Modern War Institute posted.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin B. View Post
    I'm not sure I realized before that Kyle Lamb was part of that. He really spanned a lot of major events across a lot of years.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Arbninftry View Post
    In a former life, I was a Intell Officer for a SF BN 1/5 SFG(A). They had pictures on the wall from that day. Several Sniper teams in helicopters. From the stories, from those accounts, there was several other elements supporting the operation as a whole. I would love to one day see something on the other units that were on the ground that day.

I knew the 10th MTN got hit pretty good that day. Maybe this story will get that out for them. So much to tell, so few willing to listen.
    Along these lines I'm just finishing up Day of the Rangers by Leigh Neville. I questioned whether there'd be much to add to Blackhawk Down, but I found this a worthwhile read. It does give much more attention to the other units like 10th Mountain Division that also answered the trumpet's call that day, while also adding to the story related in Blackhawk Down through numerous personal recollections of the combatants. With the distance in time from the battle, the book also draws lessons learned to show how Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures were adjusted after Mogadishu, to the benefit of operations after 9/11. For gear heads, the author knows the difference between a CAR-15 and a GAU-5, and there is an entire appendix dedicated to discussing the weapons of the day. Another appendix focuses on the movie version of Blackhawk Down, pointing out where the movie diverged from actual events.

In all, a worthwhile addition to the bookshelf and a great companion to Blackhawk Down.

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List