Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: $900,000,000 Mega Millions

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    Assuming a half billion dollars, I would pay off mortgages and student loans of a lot of friends and family. Then I would set up a bunch college funds for kids of said friends and family. Then I would give additional lump sums to some very close friends. Then I would buy land. Then I would travel.

Lastly, I would buy 92 Elite LTTs and holsters for PF sight supporters.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    It's funny, I was thinking of something along the exact same lines. I'm not interested in having a ginormous house, a fleet of fancy cars, or even an insane gun collection (oh, I'd have a few nice pieces, I'd still be selective). Instead, I'd make sure my entire family, including my wife's family, would be freed from financial worry. Friends too would get assistance or gifts. My kids and my nieces and nephews would have generous college funds and trust funds to help them get started as adults. Even if I gave away half of my winnings, the remaining half, in a mere savings account, would provide enough income to support a lavish lifestyle (by my current standards) without ever touching the principal. Why not be generous with those around you and your community?

I bought 5 tickets yesterday. Didn't win shit. Kids had a good time though. Jackpot is up to 1.6bil now. I'll probably buy a few more tickets and let the kids pick the numbers. I've spent more, much more, on meals out, or crappy movies, or junk I ultimately didn't need.

Chris

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    I think I would rather keep the pecan tree.
    Me too. I'd want a larger version of what my maternal grandparents had. They had a small, but well built home on a 1.5 acre lot in the country filled with fruit and nut trees, bushes, and vines. When I was little, younger than 10, you could literally eat your way through the yard. Pecans, pears, grapes, figs, apples, and even walnuts IIRC. Unfortunately, as they aged they were increasingly unable to care for the plants, and one-by-one, they went way. By the time I was out of high school, there was only the pecan trees left.

Chris

15, 23, 53, 65, 70, and 7.

No winners. Next jackpot is estimated to be 1.6 billion.

I got one number.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    If I won I’d just accept the money openly under my real name, wearing a t-shirt that says “Error in the victim selection process”
    I was thinking something more along these lines..

maybe replace 'Students' with 'victim status' or something equally clever.
    Last edited by hufnagel; 10-20-2018 at 08:18 AM.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    My #1 priority would be to fix the water situation in Flint, MI.

Not for any selfless reason or anything, but because it would make me a national hero and you don't say "no, we're not letting you put that Robocop statue in front of Detroit City Hall that people have been wanting for years" to a national hero.

Dunno what I'd buy with the rest. Maybe a few Congressmen.
    I would think if you owned enough land in certain states, you'd basically have a congressman or two at your disposal.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

If I won, I'd pay 5pins a million dollars to change his avatar. It just bugs me.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    I was thinking something more along these lines..

maybe replace 'Students' with 'victim status' or something equally clever.
    Boo. Hiss. No posting XKCD without the mouseover text. Now I have to figure out which number that one is and go look at it to see what the extra joke is.

ETA: It's #327.
    Last edited by olstyn; 10-20-2018 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    You still have a far better chance of being attacked by a Grizzly in Texas.
    Of all things, there was a dang grizzly in my yard last night.....
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

Site Supporter
    Need to change the thread title.....

Name:  images.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  15.8 KB
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I guess I need to buy another ticket.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

User Tag List