Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: $900,000,000 Mega Millions

Site Supporter
    Assuming a half billion dollars, I would pay off mortgages and student loans of a lot of friends and family. Then I would set up a bunch college funds for kids of said friends and family. Then I would give additional lump sums to some very close friends. Then I would buy land. Then I would travel.

Lastly, I would buy 92 Elite LTTs and holsters for PF sight supporters.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

For charitable giving, I'd likely go more for a donation of aircraft (Kodiaks and Jet Rangers) for various mission aviation services, plus spares and transition training.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

If I won, I would contact the owner of the residential lot, next door, to our east, and make him an offer he would not refuse, to keep him from building the inevitable McMansion, that is almost certainly going to be blocking our morning sun. (The 6-ft. construction fence is already blocking much of the sun.) Then, I would buy the next adjacent residential lot, to the east, with the old bungalow, which is much like ours, and has a nice pecan tree in the back yard. It is already posted for-sale. Room for puppies to play. Simple little things.
    Last edited by Rex G; 10-19-2018 at 06:49 PM.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Wouldn’t it easier to just move? Course I guess with half a billion maybe not.

I bought a 2 acre lot that’d been sitting for a couple years. When I staked the foundation the neighbors called me the next day (my number’s on the sign, I’m a contractor) and offered to buy it. I declined. Ironically enough, the next lot over was a “junk” lot and I didn’t think anyone would ever build on it; well 7 years later someone did, but at least they hired me so I made some money on it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post

If anyone here wins the 900mil, I request a Wilson Combat Classic Supergrade for defending you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Done(once I win, of course).
    --Jason--

Student
    Think I won four bucks on my ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    If I won, I would contact the owner of the residential lot, next door, to our east, and make him an offer he would not refuse, to keep him from building the inevitable McMansion, that is almost certainly going to be blocking our morning sun. (The 6-ft. construction fence is already blocking much of the sun.) Then, I would buy the next adjacent residential lot, to the east, with the old bungalow, which is much like ours, and has a nice pecan tree in the back yard. It is already posted for-sale. Room for puppies to play. Simple little things.
    You should buy the lot east of his instead, then build an even larger McMansion.

My #1 priority would be to fix the water situation in Flint, MI.

Not for any selfless reason or anything, but because it would make me a national hero and you don't say "no, we're not letting you put that Robocop statue in front of Detroit City Hall that people have been wanting for years" to a national hero.

Dunno what I'd buy with the rest. Maybe a few Congressmen.

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    Assuming a half billion dollars, I would pay off mortgages and student loans of a lot of friends and family. Then I would set up a bunch college funds for kids of said friends and family. Then I would give additional lump sums to some very close friends. Then I would buy land. Then I would travel.

Lastly, I would buy 92 Elite LTTs and holsters for PF sight supporters.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    Pangloss, have I ever told you how much I admire you? I feel like I’ve known you for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    You should buy the lot east of his instead, then build an even larger McMansion.
    I think I would rather keep the pecan tree.

User Tag List