Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: $900,000,000 Mega Millions

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    yea but, I really want to own most of a state. I mean, who ever gets that chance?
    The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Why? Unless you have specific, large goals, half a billion or more means you, your kids, your grandkids, and even great-grandkids are going to be financially solvent based on a very modest interest return on the principal.
    Absolutely true.

But I'm not really interested in retiring at 32 after winning the Powerball. I'm young enough to turn a moderate fortune into a huge fortune. And then I can give away that much more money. I'm not really into dying rich - I'd actually like to get super rich and give most of it away again, because not everyone needs to be a rich douchebag.

As for the kids/grandkids/etc. I've got plans for that, but my heirs won't be getting hundreds of millions in windfalls when rich uncle Rob dies. No, they'll get funds to help establish them in life if they invest and spend wisely (and they'll get the guidance to help them there). I'm not subsidizing another generation of Waltons, everyone who gets money from me to help not to support them indefinitely.

Now, that said, buying large portions of Texas and not selling any of it to fucking Californians would be delightful.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Now, that said, buying large portions of Texas and not selling any of it to fucking Californians would be delightful.
    I've met 2 families of California refugees recently, both with their heads on straight.
    They both told me I was not the first to remind them that California politics is the reason they had to move to Texas.

That said... I think I'm likely to do the same in either Colorado or the Carolinas.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Whelp my wife spent $4 on this.

Wish us luck lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Yup. My family's from NC (less than an hour from Fayetteville in fact). I'm crossing my fingers hoping I don't have to move down there to care for my parents as they age.

Chris

Depending on which way you drive an hour from Fayetteville could be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Whelp my wife spent $4 on this.

Wish us luck lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good luck!
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    That said... I think I'm likely to do the same in either Colorado or the Carolinas.
    Gosh, I wish I could unfuck Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I bought the winning ticket on my way to work this morning. Then I got here and wounded why I came in? I just bought the winning ticket.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    I bought the winning ticket on my way to work this morning. Then I got here and wounded why I came in? I just bought the winning ticket.
    If any PFer wins anything, even a dollar, will you consider removing the walking bug from your avatar?

Our ticket purchase will be the same numbers we always play. I don't think wife and I could stand it if we didn't purchase "our" numbers for a monster lottery and then those numbers hit.

Plus, a lottery ticket helps keep the Texas grizzly away.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    If any PFer wins anything, even a dollar, will you consider removing the walking bug from your avatar?
    In that case, I won $4 on powerball last week.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    If I win, I will buy a J frame in 22 LR.

I will enjoy myself and take the wife along. For charity, being an educator, I will establish some full ride scholarships for poor kids who are deserving. They cannot have played sports. They will not be for the Ivies as they are the center of elite domination of the country. I will give endowment gifts to schools if they get rid of their major sports teams or if they reduce the salary of Coach SaggyBelly or BrushCut to that of the highest paid English professor.

My bias against sports comes from two sources:

a. The exploitation of poor kids to be entertainers and fund raising advertisement for the elites.
    b. The focus on sports in some kids that interferes with their education. Minority kids with CTE and richy rich playing volleyball or soccer.

User Tag List