Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: $900,000,000 Mega Millions

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar

$900,000,000 Mega Millions

Saw this at the gas station today. That's a big number. I usually say the lottery is for chumps, but I might have to try my luck on this one.

Win a million bucks? Pay off the house, take a nice vacation and invest the rest because I really am that boring. Win the big one and walk away with half a billion? I have no idea what I'd do with that. But I'm sure I could find something.
    Last edited by Darth_Uno; 10-18-2018 at 08:10 AM.

Site Supporter
    Already got two tickets, I will make ToddG's memorial get together something to behold if I win it all!

Your chances of winning were zero before, they're just zero now with a slightly different jackpot number.

If you guys would save $2 every week for life it'd be a far more effective use than donating it to a pointless cause. If you don't want to save it donating it to me would also be exponentially more rewarding, I can even say "you're a loser" every time you give it to me for that full lottery experience.

Seriously just go buy a couple candy bars or something and reap the caloric reward, lotteries are dumb as hell.
    Last edited by Peally; 10-18-2018 at 09:36 AM.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Site Supporter
    I get more than enough entertainment value out of rolling the (very tiny chance) dice for a half billion dollars to make it worthwhile.
    Makes for great dinner conversation with the wife and kids. "What would YOU do with that much dinero?"...
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Your chances of winning were zero before, they're just zero now with a slightly different jackpot number.

If you guys would save $2 every week for life it'd be a far more effective use than donating it to a pointless cause. If you don't want to save it donating it to me would also be exponentially more rewarding, I can even say "you're a loser" every time you give it to me for that full lottery experience.

Seriously just go buy a couple candy bars or something and reap the caloric reward, lotteries are dumb as hell.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter

Odds don't mean shit to the guy eaten by the bear, or the guy who wins 900 fucking million dollars.

Site Supporter

All lotteries in NM pay a pretty substantial chunk into a college scholarship, which in its early days paid a chunk of my college tuition.

So every once in awhile I'll spend a couple bucks on it and dream. When I lose, I'm just putting a little back into the pot that gave a dumbass 18 year old me several thousand dollars.

My general rule of thumb is
    -Is the jackpot over 100M
    -Do I feel like it

If the answer is 'yes' then I'll spend a few more bucks on a ticket or three at a gas station when I'm grabbing an energy drink or something.
    Last edited by JRB; 10-18-2018 at 10:51 AM.

I don't buy lottery tickets every week. Sometimes when the jackpot gets stupid huge I'll blow a few bucks on tickets. Only a few. It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Risk/reward. It’s $2 for an astronomically slim chance, but the payoff is an honest to goodness fortune that I’ll never make otherwise. I think I read you’re more likely to survive a plane crash and get hit by lightning as you stumble from the wreckage than match the numbers.

I know some scratcher fiends and those guys can piss away some money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally, that’s not a bad retirement plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List