Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: $900,000,000 Mega Millions

wonder how many politicians I could buy with that kind of money. I could probably turn this state red

Edit: wonder how many politicians I could frame with that kind of money. Obviously to be effective, both tactics would be needed
    Last edited by theJanitor; 10-20-2018 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I guess I need to buy another ticket.
    Yea... it sucks. In the same boat. [emoji107]

If I won, I’d still work. Don’t think I could sit around and do nothing.

That being said, I would buy some land up in Maine and build a nice house. Want a dedicated gun room, though.

I probably would buy a few things on my wish list. Possible some that weren’t. Nothing too big.

Would definitely take care of people around me, college funds and whatnot. But I’d do two things for the firearms community that I wanted...

First, have Magguts do a +1 kit for the 6 and 7 round P938 magazines. Whatever it costs, just get it out so I can buy.

Second, have Barsto do runs of S&W 10mm conversions. .40 and .357 SIG.

With Mega Millions now at $1.6 billion, I will have to amend my previous statement. Not only would Detroit get a Robocop, California would get a Gundam and Alaska would get a Metal Gear REX.

We're gonna Mech America Great Again, folks.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Me too. I'd rather win the lottery than have a grizzly bear from Texas attack me in Fayetteville.
    Being in Fayetteville is its own punishment.

Chris

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Mind you, the math still tells me not to buy a ticket, so I won't do it, but I kind of want to. :P
    Math tells me not to do lots of things, but I still do them.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    With Mega Millions now at $1.6 billion, I will have to amend my previous statement. Not only would Detroit get a Robocop, California would get a Gundam and Alaska would get a Metal Gear REX.

We're gonna Mech America Great Again, folks.
    How big does the jackpot have to get for you to commit to putting Unit 1 from Neon Genesis Evangelion somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    How big does the jackpot have to get for you to commit to putting Unit 1 from Neon Genesis Evangelion somewhere?
    That would be Elon Musk's contribution, so you'd have to ask him.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    Dunno what I'd buy with the rest. Maybe a few Congressmen.
    We were talking about this at work, asked what I would do with the winnings I said, "Buy a few congress critters and get rid of the Hughes Amendment to start with then see how much it would cost to start rolling back the 89 Import Ban, NFA, and GCA."

I thought it out and and added up stuff that I wanted to buy, about $1,000,000 would take care of just about every material thing I could want unless I wanted to start a collection to rival that of Reed Knight. Add in setting up family and a few very close friends for life, I don't have too many thoughts of what to do beyond that. About the only other things I'd want to do is take up racing/track days so I could do a full IMSA seasons and race all of my domestic "bucket list" tracks (Sebring, Road Atlanta, Road America, Laguna Seca) and try to get to the 24H of Le Mans. That and a little start up capital for a small arms skunk works and a range facility to rival "The Ranch" in Texas in the area I'd like to live in (hint: it sure as hell ain't South FL).
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Tennessee or West Virginia. I'd buy as much contiguous land I possibly could. I want it to take 15-30 minutes just to get from my front door to the road my driveway breaks off of.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Gifts to family members -- size may depend on their tax liability for same; and/or, set up trusts for them.
    Ditto friends.

$1,000,000 to the Second Amendment Foundation
    Edit: $1,000,000 to the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
    $1,000,000 to the NRA Foundation
    $1,000,000 to the NRA-ILA
    $1,000,000 to the NRA-PVF
    $1,000,000 to the NRA Firearms Civil rights Foundation (or whatever it's called.)
    $1,000,000 to the Armed Citizen's Legal Defense Fund
    $1,000,000 to the Washington Arms Collectors
    $1,000,000 to the Washington State Rifle and Pistol Association.
    *Those last two to be matched by donations to the equivalent organizations in whatever state we wind up moving to...
    $1,000,000 to the American Radio Relay League.
    $1,000,000 to the Heritage Foundation.
    $1,000,000 to the Federalist Society.
    $1,000,000 to the Fisher House.
    Last edited by Drang; 10-21-2018 at 04:37 AM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List