Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ohio NG 870s

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Nice. My 870 looks pretty similar but in better shape.

Those bayonet mount rail clamps on their own are worth ~$200...

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Nice. My 870 looks pretty similar but in better shape.

Those bayonet mount rail clamps on their own are worth ~$200...
    I think quite a few people are buying these with the idea of parting out the bayonet mount and using it to cover the cost of buying the gun. I would imagine there is a finite demand for 870 bayonet mounts, so I'd get mine on eBay/gunbroker/whatever pretty quick before the glut hits the market.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I think quite a few people are buying these with the idea of parting out the bayonet mount and using it to cover the cost of buying the gun. I would imagine there is a finite demand for 870 bayonet mounts, so I'd get mine on eBay/gunbroker/whatever pretty quick before the glut hits the market.
    Yeah I mean they're mostly militaria at this point. I wouldn't really ever buy a bayonet mount if it didn't come with the gun to be honest.

Name:  ong870trim1.jpg
Views: 651
Size:  43.4 KB

Picked mine up yesterday. Has a lot of rusty crusties, has some rust or mud under the handguard, wood is beat, but the bore looks unfired. Mine came with a sling! I of course immediately put a bayonet on it.

Name:  IMG_8103.jpg
Views: 634
Size:  71.3 KB

Really neat piece of history that we won't see again. Pardon me if I flex on y'all a bit.

Site Supporter
    Interestingly, almost all of the in-stock used gun prices on the Sportsman's website are now higher than they were before these 870's sold out so quickly.

I'd pointed a friend at the trade-in M&P15's with the sling and Surefire light as a good 'first AR' buy at $679, and now they're $799.
    Same for the fair condition M&P 45's that were $279 and I was thinking about, that are now $389.

That's a cool boomstick, pdb, and I'm glad you posted pictures. They look about what I'd expect arms-room weapons to look like, but I bet the internals are in pretty good shape!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Thanks, Tom!

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Interestingly, almost all of the in-stock used gun prices on the Sportsman's website are now higher than they were before these 870's sold out so quickly.

I'd pointed a friend at the trade-in M&P15's with the sling and Surefire light as a good 'first AR' buy at $679, and now they're $799.
    Same for the fair condition M&P 45's that were $279 and I was thinking about, that are now $389.

That's a cool boomstick, pdb, and I'm glad you posted pictures. They look about what I'd expect arms-room weapons to look like, but I bet the internals are in pretty good shape!
    I grabbed one of those M&P45s back when they were ~$250... I think after a discount code the gun ended up being $245 delivered and transferred to me. Still happy with that one.

On Gunbroker for a mere $1500.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/793864587

Sigh.

Site Supporter
    They just need one buyer. I guess it’s like the ebay and amazon sellers that list new items that are easily available for twice the MSRP

Mine's in beautiful shape. Goddamn I love my friends.

Name:  870_OhioNationalGuard_2_S.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  74.2 KB
    Name:  870_OhioNationalGuard_Me_Bayonet.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  37.6 KB

User Tag List