Thread: Crimson Trace Laser Saddle for Mossberg Shotguns / Shockwave

Cool Crimson Trace Laser Saddle for Mossberg Shotguns / Shockwave

For awhile now, I've been hoping Crimson Trace would come out with a Laser Grip for the Shockwave.

Turns out they've recently released an even better system, that works for both the Shockwave as well as traditionally stocked shotguns.

https://www.range365.com/ctc-release...berg-shockwave
    Last edited by spyderco monkey; 10-18-2018 at 12:45 AM.

I am Jack's interested spirit.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

That's kind of interesting.

Need to get a measurement of how thick the saddle is that covers the top of the receiver. At least with the V3 Tac-13, the top surface (sighting plain) of the vent rib appears little or no higher than the top of the receiver, thus this saddle could compromise the use of the vent rib and front sight.

Not that either are even available at the moment, but something that I would consider...

Does it wrap around the receiver? I’m guessing it stops you from running a sidesaddle...

To me... ammo way before laser. I even modified the plate for my TacStar sidesaddle on my TAC-14 so I could use a QD plate. If I couldn’t, would have came up with another mounting point instead of losing the sidesaddle. Feel less ambitious for a laser than a sling mount.

Pertinent info starts at around 1:20
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...hockwave-matte
    Last edited by Pro_Patria_431; 12-27-2018 at 08:38 PM.

Has anyone ran one of these? I finally shot my Shockwave today and liked it more than anticipated. Only problem was everything was hitting high, I had to aim at the bottom of the paper plate to hit the center at 10 yds. I could see the benefits of the laser since this thing lends itself to nonstandard positions

Quote Originally Posted by Bratch View Post
    Has anyone ran one of these? I finally shot my Shockwave today and liked it more than anticipated. Only problem was everything was hitting high, I had to aim at the bottom of the paper plate to hit the center at 10 yds. I could see the benefits of the laser since this thing lends itself to nonstandard positions
    I had the same issue. I went with the rmr in a scalarworks mount

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I had the same issue. I went with the rmr in a scalarworks mount
    Glad it’s not just me.

Dots are probably a better solution. My only thought on the laser was if I couldn’t get it up to eye line I could still get an aiming point, plus I can get into the laser for about a quarter of an Rds and mount.

User Tag List