Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Peter Jackson Doc

Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

I'm in.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Me too. I am perhaps unusual in that I have met nearly as many WW I vets in my childhood as I later knew WW II vets up til now. Most of my rifles have imperial crests or stamps.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Review from someone at a premiere last night: https://scarfandgoggles.wordpress.co...iew/#like-8400
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I'm currently on the last episode of Dan Carlin's Hardcore History: Blueprint for Armageddon, so this release is perfectly timed! His World War I series has been long but well worth it.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

On one hand it looks fascinating, on the other WWI was such an exceptionally shitty war a part of me doesn't want to see it. I'll go if it's in my area I'm sure.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Whoa. I'm excited about this. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I'm currently on the last episode of Dan Carlin's Hardcore History: Blueprint for Armageddon, so this release is perfectly timed! His World War I series has been long but well worth it.
    Superb series. It really sucks you in, doesn’t it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by K.Hungus View Post
    Superb series. It really sucks you in, doesn’t it?
    One of the sections that got me was Passchendaele, where “drowning in mud” was not just a figure of speech.

Living and fighting in a fetid stew of mud, rats, corpses and shellfire. Awful. Millions of lives and the lines barely moved for four years.
    Last edited by peterb; 10-18-2018 at 11:41 AM.

DVD and Blu Ray now available on Amazon.
    If you're in North America, make sure you order the NTSC/Region 1 version. Apparently, in this day and age, there are people who get outraged that they order the European version, and post one star reviews because they made a mistake.

(Yes, I posted this in the thread I started, not the Johnny-Come-Lately thread started two months later. Sue me.)
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List