Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19X and Gen 5 magazines

Unless you have a deep interest in the MHS trials (and the 19X isn’t even the exact submission) I don’t see what the 19X offers over the G45.

The different front straps and base plates are the result of different requirements set by the FBI and the Army.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Unless you have a deep interest in the MHS trials (and the 19X isn’t even the exact submission) I don’t see what the 19X offers over the G45.
    You must be color blind.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post

The different front straps and base plates are the result of different requirements set by the FBI and the Army.
    It offers nothing, other than the color. Oh and you don't mention the little fact that the 19X was out before the G45 was even known to be coming so a bunch of us bought a 19X because its fucking awesome...

I do like the way they bead blasted the 19X slide before coating, so it is not slippery like the other Gen 5 pistols. Almost like having full coverage forward serrations.

The X is also a great value when you consider it comes with tritium sights, two extended of the three magazines and the color for not much more than a regular Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Sellers View Post
    Can we just replace the floor plates with gen 4 etc floor plates? At 3-4$ a piece it appears to be a simple fix.
    This was my solution. I have two 17’s and a 19X, I just swapped out 14 base plates, life is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    It offers nothing, other than the color. Oh and you don't mention the little fact that the 19X was out before the G45 was even known to be coming so a bunch of us bought a 19X because its fucking awesome...
    And I seem to recall debating the merits of the FBI 17M/19M vs. the Army MHS features on this forum - to include the magwell and front strap configuration - before the GEN5 was even available commercially.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The X is also a great value when you consider it comes with tritium sights, two extended of the three magazines and the color for not much more than a regular Glock.
    You can probably thank those extended magazines for the offending 'lip'.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I do like the way they bead blasted the 19X slide before coating, so it is not slippery like the other Gen 5 pistols. Almost like having full coverage forward serrations.

And maritime cups, and the 8794 mag release.

Does the 45 have those?

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    And maritime cups, and the 8794 mag release.

Does the 45 have those?
    Mine do not.

Guilty. I’ve inadvertently put a Gen 5 magazine in my mag pouch while working at the range with the 19x. Tried to make it work twice before I figured out what was going on. I guess the easiest solution is to use only plus two mag bases with the X or the tan standard base plate that came with it for carry. I really like the Glock extended base plates personally.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Guilty. I’ve inadvertently put a Gen 5 magazine in my mag pouch while working at the range with the 19x. Tried to make it work twice before I figured out what was going on. I guess the easiest solution is to use only plus two mag bases with the X or the tan standard base plate that came with it for carry. I really like the Glock extended base plates personally.
    I have actually considered only using tan magazines for carry, since I know they work in everything. Changing your base plates sounds good until you want a spare magazine from someone else. Think we can get everyone on PF to change all their G5 base plates out as a subset of the larger Glock universe .

User Tag List