Page 788 of 809 FirstFirst ... 288688738778786787788789790798 ... LastLast
Results 7,871 to 7,880 of 8086

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Site Supporter
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ad-Panama.html

Motorist shoots dead two environmental protesters blocking a road: Driver caught in traffic gets out of his car and guns down demonstrators when they refuse to move in Panama

Shocking footage shows the man gunning down two environmental protesters in Chame, Panama
    The pair were killed and one person was arrested in connection with the incident, officials said

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ad-Panama.html

Motorist shoots dead two environmental protesters blocking a road: Driver caught in traffic gets out of his car and guns down demonstrators when they refuse to move in Panama

Shocking footage shows the man gunning down two environmental protesters in Chame, Panama
    The pair were killed and one person was arrested in connection with the incident, officials said
    FAFO...?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Anyone post this? It's really nuts:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/01/u...t-captain.html

What would drive someone to do this? Don't tell me I'm a psychologist. The guy must have been impaired, psychologically unstable. Investigations will probably come up with a history.
    My office does FAA medicals and special issuances. Some of these pilots are really weird or flat out infantile. Some have significant psychiatric problems that they are afraid to seek treatment for and instead "self-medicate" with alcohol or drugs. I drive when I can when I travel out of state.

Site Supporter
    Goetz rides again:

https://nypost.com/2023/11/08/metro/...in-nyc-subway/

The would-be mugger, identified as Matthew Roesch, 49, was charged with attempted robbery for trying to “forcibly” snatch the 40-year-old victim’s belongings at the 49th Street N, R and W station around 9:15 p.m. Tuesday, police said.

The unidentified bystander stepped in — and allegedly opened fire toward the homeless man, according to cops.
    Pulled the gun out of a bag. Now what were you thinking?
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Site Supporter
    It was in the news a long time ago, but is a good example of cognitive dissonance and people not understanding/processing what it is happening. He shot and killed the guy in the white hard hat and injured a couple of others including the reporter. He used a webley revolver with modified .410 shot shells shooting cast slugs.

im strong, i can run faster than train

Site Supporter
    https://www.rmef.org/elk-network/ore...ikSy1XNAgB7HFY

OREGON ELK HUNTER SHOOTS WOLF IN SELF-DEFENSE

Below is a news release from the Oregon State Police Fish & Wildlife Division.

On the morning of November 2, 2023, an elk hunter called ODFW (Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife) to report shooting and killing a wolf in self-defense in the North Malheur Hunt Unit. ODFW immediately contacted OSP Fish and Wildlife troopers. An OSP Fish and Wildlife Division sergeant, Fish and Wildlife senior trooper and the district biologist from ODFW responded to the scene and met the hunter. The hunter properly followed instructions and left the scene intact. The hunter then voluntarily led OSP and ODFW to the scene on USFS property, southeast of Seneca, Oregon.

The preliminary investigation revealed the elk hunter was tracking elk on a ridge when a wolf came out from the timber in front of him. The hunter stated he yelled at the wolf and waved his arms in an effort to scare the wolf away. The wolf then reportedly looked at the hunter from a distance of approximately 30 yards and started coming directly toward the hunter.

The hunter stated he feared for his safety and fired one round, striking the wolf and killing it instantly. The approximate distance from the hunter’s location to the wolf carcass was 18 yards. The hunter reported that after shooting the wolf, a second wolf came out of the timber and the hunter shot one time in the air and the wolf fled.

A report will be submitted to the Grant County District Attorney’s Office for review. Preliminary investigation revealed the hunter acted reasonably in shooting the wolf for personal safety and appropriately notified officials immediately upon shooting the wolf.

Site Supporter
    https://www.police1.com/officer-down...tGqGKvfdKFIChk

1 Austin officer killed, another wounded in shooting; 2 civilians and suspect also dead The officer who was killed was a member of the SWAT team and the wounded officer was going into surgery

AUSTIN, Texas — An officer with the Austin Police Department was killed and another was wounded in a SWAT situation, KVUE reports.

The shooting happened around 4:30 a.m. and started with a disturbance and potential hostage situation inside a house, the report states. A SWAT team was called to the scene and nearby homes were evacuated.

"I am heartbroken and praying for the family of the officer who we have lost and for [a second injured] officer and his family as we lift him up and hope he is OK," Mayor Kirk Watson said at the hospital.

Watson's chief of staff said the officer who was killed was a member of the SWAT team and the wounded officer was going into surgery. Two people were also found dead inside the home, and the suspect was shot and killed, according to the update.

KVUE reports this is the first time in a decade an Austin Police Department officer was killed in the line of duty.

Site Supporter
    The LA County Sheriff's Office has issued an awesomely bureaucratic response to their suspension of the CCW of the fellow who defended himself in Los Angeles (the video is one page up):

"We recognize that this incident was extremely traumatic and startling for the Ricci family and we hope the individuals responsible for this crime are arrested and held accountable.

The Department of Justice (DOJ) establishes guidelines for CCW permits and the Sheriff’s Department must follow the DOJ parameters in accordance with the law.

The CCW permit may be immediately reinstated as long as the permit holder has also followed all required CCW policies (i.e. proper notifications, use of properly documented weapon, etc.).

The DOJ has been notified and there are avenues for Mr. Ricci to re-apply for his permit. We have been in contact with the Ricci family and have been providing information to them about CCW protocols and guidelines in an effort to ensure their Second Amendment rights are protected.

The Sheriff's Department respects the rights of individuals to exercise their Second Amendment rights and continually processes over thousands of CCW permit applications and renewals every year. The Sheriff’s Department CCW Unit works diligently to track, process, and manage individuals who possess or seek CCW permits in Los Angeles County."

https://www.foxla.com/news/vince-ric...ut-los-angeles

So what exactly do second amendment "rights" mean in California? (Rhetorical question)....

Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    The CCW permit may be immediately reinstated as long as the permit holder has also followed all required CCW policies (i.e. proper notifications, use of properly documented weapon, etc.)
    Sounds like the pistol wasn't on his permit and he didn't inform the issuing agency - LASD - that he was involved in a shooting (LAPD responded). Ticky tacky, but if I did the same I'd expect mine to be suspended too and I'm in a supposedly 2A friendly county.

User Tag List