Page 705 of 805 FirstFirst ... 205605655695703704705706707715755 ... LastLast
Results 7,041 to 7,050 of 8047

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

He’s wearing a Hamsa.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    He’s wearing a Hamsa.
    Pretty common in the Middle East due to how old it is as a symbol. The Hamsa is associated with pretty much every major religion in the world.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

criminal attack near one of my favorite remote hiking areas

https://www.annistonstar.com/news/fa...97a535fa0.html

This is not a heavily traveled area. Not near any town. Your typical national forest road. Quite a reminder that the criminal element is operating everywhere. Even where you least expect them to be.

"The CCSO reports a couple was driving on a National Forest Service Road near the park when they stopped to park near a trail. As the two were stopped, an unnamed woman approached the two and stated her car was broken down. That woman allegedly pulled a weapon forcing the couple into the woods. One of the couple drew a weapon on the woman and both reportedly fired shots. The victim who had fired their weapon died on the scene. The injured suspect was airlifted to an unnamed hospital where she underwent surgery Sunday night."

I really suspect this was a drug deal gone bad at this point, and the story told was a cover up. All the same, the criminal trash are everyplace and MUC is a 24/7/365 thing where ever you are.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    https://www.annistonstar.com/news/fa...97a535fa0.html

This is not a heavily traveled area. Not near any town. Your typical national forest road. Quite a reminder that the criminal element is operating everywhere. Even where you least expect them to be.

"The CCSO reports a couple was driving on a National Forest Service Road near the park when they stopped to park near a trail. As the two were stopped, an unnamed woman approached the two and stated her car was broken down. That woman allegedly pulled a weapon forcing the couple into the woods. One of the couple drew a weapon on the woman and both reportedly fired shots. The victim who had fired their weapon died on the scene. The injured suspect was airlifted to an unnamed hospital where she underwent surgery Sunday night."

I really suspect this was a drug deal gone bad at this point, and the story told was a cover up. All the same, the criminal trash are everyplace and MUC is a 24/7/365 thing where ever you are.
    I was talking to some friends about this Sunday and we came to the same conclusion that it was likely that this started as consensual criminal activity until it wasn’t.

That being said, one of the more tense moments I’ve had in recent years was when me and a friend returned from an overnight camping trip in the same area to find some intoxicated hillbillies who had decided that the parking lot of the trail head would be a good place to sight in their deer rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    I was talking to some friends about this Sunday and we came to the same conclusion that it was likely that this started as consensual criminal activity until it wasn’t.

That being said, one of the more tense moments I’ve had in recent years was when me and a friend returned from an overnight camping trip in the same area to find some intoxicated hillbillies who had decided that the parking lot of the trail head would be a good place to sight in their deer rifles.
    “Intoxicated hillbillies” are a quite dangerous species, even here in rural parts of flat coastal prairie, where there are no significant hills. My pre-teen self, while riding dirt trails long before “mountain biking” was a thing, narrowly averted what might well have been a very unpleasant experience, once upon a time, at the end of a dirt construction road, by a canal. The tone of that “Come ‘ere, kid” might as well have been accompanied by the banjo part of Dueling Banjos.

Edited to add: I do not remember whether this was before or after I learned one of my classmates had been forced to perform an unnatural act, by a somewhat older bully/thug, but I recognized Sodom-and-Gomorrah evil, when I saw it.
    Last edited by Rex G; 08-16-2022 at 11:03 AM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    “Intoxicated hillbillies” are a quite dangerous species, even here in rural parts of flat coastal prairie, where there are no significant hills. My pre-teen self, while riding dirt trails long before “mountain biking” was a thing, narrowly averted what might well have been a very unpleasant experience, once upon a time, at the end of a dirt construction road, by a canal. The tone of that “Come ‘ere, kid” might as well have been accompanied by the banjo part of Dueling Banjos.
    Stay outta the holler when you hear them holler.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I had been encouraged, by my religious parents, to watch that 1962 movie, The Bible, with George C. Scott as Abraham, and Peter O’Toole as that mysterious blue-eyed supernatural being. I doubt that I had been permitted to see Deliverance, by that point in time, but I did not need to have seen Deliverance, to know what southern evil looked/sounded like.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post

Edited to add: I do not remember whether this was before or after I learned one of my classmates had been forced to perform an unnatural act, by a somewhat older bully/thug, but I recognized Sodom-and-Gomorrah evil, when I saw it.
    Yeah, when I was growing up two local kids who were maybe 4 years older than me were out target shooting with their newly bought Chinese AKs when they got backshot by an old hillbilly dude who wanted to steal their guns.

Site Supporter
    Yeah, when I was growing up two local kids who were maybe 4 years older than me were out target shooting with their newly bought Chinese AKs when they got backshot by an old hillbilly dude who wanted to steal their guns.
    That was how the bad guys in the 1986 Miami shoot out got guns and vehicles. I recall we have a whole thread on this sort of thing.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I used to shoot at a national park range in S.C. I was often the only one there. But, if I was shooting a rifle (all I had back then were two /30-06s), I took the bolts with me when I went downrange. For handguns, I took them with me. I never left an operable firearm at the firing point.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List