Page 670 of 807 FirstFirst ... 170570620660668669670671672680720770 ... LastLast
Results 6,691 to 6,700 of 8069

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    The “if it could save one child” doesn’t apply if it doesn’t fit the agenda.

Site Supporter
    More on that shooting in Northwestern Washington that I posted about on February 11 or so.

Both deputies are out and and are suing the guy who shot them--good for them.

This thread had slipped to page three, after a week of no posts.

From the BBC, a USA story:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60739098
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

I'm not in LE so this isn't really my lane, but would using fewer officers to make entry have made the clusterfuck at the end of the video less likely to happen? It seems like there's so many (I counted at least nine, plus a dog) that they're all in each other's way.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post

I'm not in LE so this isn't really my lane, but would using fewer officers to make entry have made the clusterfuck at the end of the video less likely to happen? It seems like there's so many (I counted at least nine, plus a dog) that they're all in each other's way.
    I don’t think the amount of officers used was inappropriate. It appeared that three or four made entry into the actual apartment and everyone else remained in the hallway. The biggest issue to me was the officer with the less-lethal shotgun didn’t have lethal cover. There was an officer with a handgun in the living room but he didn’t have a shot. The only other officer who had a clear shot when the woman exited her bedroom was an officer holding a PLS (the paintball gun). They had someone attempting to utilize LL with another LL option as his cover. The PLS guy should have backed off and the handgun guy should have been next to the LL shotgun guy. When the LL didn’t work, and the woman exited her bedroom to charge the officers, the handgun guy would have had a clear shot and would have been able to end the threat before any of the officers got stabbed.

ETA: to clarify, initially the handgun armed officer was in a good position when the woman was still in her bedroom. After the LL shotgun officer fired he advanced towards the bedroom in a very narrow space and the officer with the handgun who had been next to him could no longer provide lethal cover.

Site Supporter
    Washington State pot shop employee shoots and kills a robber who was, apparently, holding another employee hostage with a gun to his head.

In the video, you see a Euphorium employee getting out of his car. A suspect who appeared to be watching then crossed the parking lot and followed the employee, approaching him from behind. He puts his arm around the employee, then tightens the grip to a chokehold. In that position, the two walk together a short distance to the front door of Euphorium. There is a security guard at the front door.

“Our employee had a gun to his head,” Evans said.

“The perpetrator said he was going to rob the store,” said Lindsey Evans, the general manager of the store.

It was another nearby employee who checks IDs who saw all of this unfold. That’s when he took action. The store says he had a concealed carry and opened fire, shooting the suspect.

https://mynorthwest.com/3400036/pot-...aking-hostage/

ISIS recruit decides to go on a knife rampage in Israel. A (very untrained) bus driver happens upon him mid-rampage and confronts him with his handgun.

Scratch L.A. off the destinations list

Site Supporter
    Boater rescues man from lake, kills him in self-defense, South Carolina sheriff says

https://www.al.com/news/2022/03/boat...riff-says.html

Law enforcement said a couple was on a pontoon boat when they saw a man and woman in distress in the water. The pair had reportedly fallen off a water scooter and were not wearing life jackets.

The boaters rescued them while the watercraft continued “doing circles in the lake,” the sheriff’s office said.

But according to the release, the man who was rescued “became agitated and began assaulting the couple on the pontoon.” Investigators said he might have wanted to get back on the water scooter. The woman who had been with him then pushed him in the lake in an attempt to deescalate the situation, law enforcement said

The husband and wife helped the man back onto their boat.

“After a second encounter, the man on the pontoon shot the man fearing for his and his wife’s life while being assaulted,” the sheriff’s office said. “The man who was shot died on the pontoon.”

The 10th Circuit Solicitor’s Office determined the shooting was in self-defense and said no charges will be filed. .

Site Supporter
    https://www.wsfa.com/2022/03/28/sher...ng-own-father/

Sheriff: Off-duty Montgomery deputy, shot 5 times, returns fire, killing own father

MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WSFA) - Montgomery County Sheriff Derrick Cunningham called a news conference Monday to shed new light on the involvement of one of his off-duty deputies in Friday’s deadly shooting on Lower Wetumpka Road.

Cunningham said the situation started as a domestic violence incident involving the mother and father of one of his deputies shortly before 5 p.m. The sheriff said the deputy, his mother and brother were on the way to get a warrant and protection order when the father struck their vehicle, escalating the situation.

The deputy told his mother and brother to leave, at which point he got out of the car and was shot five times. The injured deputy returned fire, Cunningham said, killing his own father in the process.

Cunningham identified the deputy as 26-year-old Cederic Law. He has been a deputy for two years.

Law was taken to an area hospital in life-threatening condition on Friday, but Cunningham said he was “doing good” when he visited him on Sunday to talk.

“I just tried to reassure him that we’re here for, I’m here for him” the sheriff explained, “because I look at all these guys and girls we got here as part of my family, you know, so I was just as concerned as his family’s concerned about him, as well.”

The shooting is being probed as a death investigation at this time by the Montgomery Police Department. The department said, as of Monday morning, that it did not currently have any other updates to provide regarding its investigation.

User Tag List