Page 659 of 807 FirstFirst ... 159559609649657658659660661669709759 ... LastLast
Results 6,581 to 6,590 of 8069

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Thanks guys, that's the one! And, yes, the cold case deal was interesting, wonder what's up?
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

CENTRAL OREGON DAILY NEWS | Friday, December 31st 2021
    The attorney for a Redmond man accused in a fatal shooting outside a Bend nightclub last summer is asking for him to be released on bail, saying video evidence from “multiple cameras” shows the single gunshot was fired in self-defense after his client was attacked.

https://centraloregondaily.com/crans...-self-defense/

Very interesting case, with details worth reading.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    https://www.ksat.com/news/texas/2022...t-parking-lot/

Texas toddler grabs hold of handgun in car, shoots mother and sibling in Walmart parking lot
    The mother and 1-year-old were not severely wounded

GRANBURY, Texas – A handgun went off in the hands of a toddler in a Texas Walmart parking lot Wednesday, wounding the child’s mother in the arm and side and young sibling in the leg, police said.
    The shooting happened in Granbury, Texas, about 40 miles southwest of Fort Worth.
    Police said the gun discharged once when the 2-year-old took it from between a seat and the center console while in the car with a 1-year-old sibling and with their 23-year-old mother standing outside near the driver's side door. The children's 26-year-old father was standing near the vehicle’s rear, police said.
    The mother and 1-year-old were taken to Fort Worth hospitals, but neither was wounded severely, said police Lt. Russell Grizzard.
    Last edited by HCM; 01-06-2022 at 10:16 AM.

Site Supporter
    I happened upon this video, which judging by the accents, hairstyles and daylight carjackings, is apparently from a foreign country.

Site Supporter
    They don't call it "Filthadelphia" for nothing. When I lived in south-central PA in the late 80s, I worked part-time in a gun store owned by two guys who moved from Philly who saw the writing on the wall even back then.

I am surprised that the Lyft driver was not pilloried for shooting the carjackers after they apparently had what they wanted and were apparently departing.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    https://www.ksat.com/news/texas/2022...t-parking-lot/

Texas toddler grabs hold of handgun in car, shoots mother and sibling in Walmart parking lot
    The mother and 1-year-old were not severely wounded
    Better hit-percentage than most cops.

Just sayin'...

But, yes, your car is not a holster.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    I am surprised that the Lyft driver was not pilloried for shooting the carjackers after they apparently had what they wanted and were apparently departing.
    I wouldn’t be surprised if that still happens. I don’t have details, but on the surface engaging the other driver gives me pause - I hope something was happening that was an immediate threat.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised if that still happens. I don’t have details, but on the surface engaging the other driver gives me pause - I hope something was happening that was an immediate threat.
    Whether or not it is technically legal under Pennsylvania statutes it is morally acceptable.

As the trend of Soros funded so-called restorative justice DAs abdicating their responsibilities plays out I expect to see more of this from victims who fight back.
    Last edited by HCM; 01-07-2022 at 12:56 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I was thinking that since he's no longer being threatened, he had no justification for engaging them. Then again, there's a good possibility that there are a lot of missing details here that could change that judgment.

User Tag List