Page 643 of 807 FirstFirst ... 143543593633641642643644645653693743 ... LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,430 of 8062

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Prop Gun

A woman has been killed and a man injured Thursday after they were shot by a prop firearm at a movie set outside Santa Fe, authorities said.

https://ktla.com/news/nationworld/wo...a1my74xo5T5oKE

Hope there is some follow up with details.
    A real gun being shot with blanks finds live ammo?
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    A woman has been killed and a man injured Thursday after they were shot by a prop firearm at a movie set outside Santa Fe, authorities said.

https://ktla.com/news/nationworld/wo...a1my74xo5T5oKE

Hope there is some follow up with details.
    A real gun being shot with blanks finds live ammo?

Alec Baldwin fired the shot!!

Site Supporter
    Alec Baldwin isn’t the only one…

https://www.police1.com/officer-safe...0X-OARzDP60LPc

Accidental shot from Chicago officer wounds 2 other officers "Obviously it’s very traumatic to accidentally have this happen," said Chicago Police Superintendent David Brown

LYONS, Ill. — An officer accidentally fired his handgun during a struggle while police were making arrests in suburban Chicago, wounding two other officers, authorities said.

Chicago officers spotted a car Wednesday night that was tied to a homicide and a police helicopter tracked it to a gas station in Lyons, police said. When people from the car came out of the gas station officers surrounded them and a struggle ensued, Chicago Police Superintendent David Brown said.

During the struggle, an officer accidentally discharged his gun, Brown said, and police believe one bullet struck the two officers. One was hit in an arm and the other in a shoulder, Brown said.

“The officer that fired the weapon is not injured but obviously it’s very traumatic to accidentally have this happen," he said.

The two officers were taken to a hospital and their injuries weren't considered life-threatening, police said.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Alec Baldwin fired the shot!!
    There was no reason for him to be pointing a prop gun at the cinematographer and director.

I’m going to give a WAG and suggest maybe he thought he was being funny while being negligently unsafe.

If that’s the case, I hope charges are pressed.

For all the actors pontificating about gun safety, they don’t take responsibility for human negligence. Here’s a chance to show that it’s unsafe people who kill people and it doesn’t matter the modality.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    There was no reason for him to be pointing a prop gun at the cinematographer and director.

I’m going to give a WAG and suggest maybe he thought he was being funny while being negligently unsafe.

If that’s the case, I hope charges are pressed.

For all the actors pontificating about gun safety, they don’t take responsibility for human negligence. Here’s a chance to show that it’s unsafe people who kill people and it doesn’t matter the modality.
    There are definitely reasons he might be pointing it at the camera.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...2695444/%3famp

Retired Cop Hurt in Deadly Shooting During Robbery at Oakland Gas Station

A former police officer is hospitalized following a deadly shooting during a robbery at an Oakland gas station, police said.

Chief Leronne Armstrong said the incident happened just after 1 p.m. at a gas station in the area of 17th and Castro streets. The deadly shooting marks the city's 115th homicide this year, Armstrong said.

"Today is really something that is impacting our entire city, our community," Armstrong said. "It's a tragic situation. But then, it's another senseless crime that happened in our community."

Sources tell NBC Bay Area that the former officer shot is retired OPD Capt. Ersie Joyner.

In a police briefing on Thursday, Armstrong said one of the victims was filling up his car with gas when he was approached by several people that began to rob him of his belongings.

Police said that multiple gunshots were fired and one of the men involved in the robbery was killed.

Joyner was transported to Highland Hospital in Oakland after undergoing emergency surgery. Joyner was shot six times.

The deceased person's identity is being withheld pending notification to the next-of-kin, according to police.

Joyner retired from the department in 2019 as one of the most decorated officers in the Oakland Police Department.

He came up through the ranks and was the head of the Oakland ceasefire program, a landmark program where police and community leaders meet with gang members to reduce gun violence.

NBC Bay Area’s Sergio Quintana spoke briefly off-camera with a woman who now works with Joyner at a local marijuana dispensary.

Joyner’s LinkedIn profile showed that he is co-owner of the Joyus Recreation and Wellness Group in Oakland.

A coworker told NBC Bay Area Thursday that Joyner was supposed to be at a meeting Thursday afternoon when she noticed he never showed up.

The coworker added that she was later shocked to learn he was involved in the shootout. She came to Highland Hospital to pray with Joyner and his wife as he continues to be hospitalized.

At this time, police are looking for at least two people who were involved in the incident. They added the suspects left the area in a black four-door sedan.

An investigation is ongoing.

http://instagram.com/tv/CVUH1RfDmyR/

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by parishioner View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...2695444/%3famp

Retired Cop Hurt in Deadly Shooting During Robbery at Oakland Gas Station

http://instagram.com/tv/CVUH1RfDmyR/
    Dang it he did so well til that desire to pursue kicked in. Well wishes out!

Don't remember what article said it, but he'd had 5 prior OIS's before retiring, so it wasn't exactly his first rodeo.

You're right. Hate to fault the guy but he did a lot right up until he continued over the fuel hose and beyond cover/concealment. It probably would have been better if he stayed on the same side of the hose he was already on and used the vertical post and pump for cover/concealment or moved to the rear and driver's side of his vehicle for distance, concealment and if he still wanted to engage the vehicle and occupants he would have had his engine block and wheels for cover. I hope he pulls through.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    You're right. Hate to fault the guy but he did a lot right up until he continued over the fuel hose and beyond cover/concealment. It probably would have been better if he stayed on the same side of the hose he was already on and used the vertical post and pump for cover/concealment or moved to the rear and driver's side of his vehicle for distance, concealment and if he still wanted to engage the vehicle and occupants he would have had his engine block and wheels for cover. I hope he pulls through.
    I’ve made the “prey drive” mistake in force on force before and my job has never been to pursue and capture badguys. It’s a very human thing to do. I too hope he recovers and is able to enjoy his retirement.

User Tag List