Page 619 of 807 FirstFirst ... 119519569609617618619620621629669719 ... LastLast
Results 6,181 to 6,190 of 8062

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    How's the food though? I love good hole in the wall chicken joints
    Never been, although their sign is intriguing. “Chicken, Biscuits, Seafood & Ice Cream”. It’s on the short list.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    Rejecting his claims of self-defense, Manchester police charged a local man with first-degree assault after witnesses said he entered his father’s restaurant, retrieved a gun, returned outside and shot an adversary three times.
    https://www.unionleader.com/news/cri...er-restaurant/
    From the article:
    She said the weather is the biggest factor in how busy her store is and doubts the shooting will have an impact.

“It happens all the time, we’re used to it,” said Anna Cordero, who was manning the front desk at Shaggin’ Salon, also across the street from USA Chicken and Biscuit.

Likewise, the manager at Castro’s cigar bar was not worried about any effect on business.

“We have a pretty tough crowd here,” said Bob Stallings.

Site Supporter
    https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2021...side-shooting/

Police: Bystander returns fire at man who shot at woman at San Antonio abortion clinic
    No injuries were reported; investigators searching for gunman

SAN ANTONIO – San Antonio police are searching for a man who fired a gun at a woman outside an abortion clinic on Saturday morning.
    No one was injured, San Antonio Police Department spokesperson Christopher Ramos said, crediting an armed bystander who returned fire.
    The shooting happened Saturday around 8:30 a.m. in the 7400 block of John Smith Drive, near the intersection of Wurzbach and Babcock roads on the Northwest Side, outside of Alamo Women’s Reproductive Services.
    A man who arrived with a woman at the facility pulled out a gun and shot at the woman but missed, Ramos said during a morning press conference near the scene.
    A person who was with a group of protesters near the clinic saw the shooter and used his handgun to fire at the man, police said. Police said the protester had a license to carry the pistol.
    “It is still under investigation... you have a right to defend somebody else,” Ramos said. “... He did something a reasonable person would do. He saw someone engaged in a shooting and so he went and stepped in and intervened and stopped that shooting from occurring.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2021...side-shooting/

Police: Bystander returns fire at man who shot at woman at San Antonio abortion clinic
    No injuries were reported; investigators searching for gunman
    Man, this reminds me a little of a scenario I ran through on one of those 270 degree video system trainers where they had you wear an electroshock thing on your back. And they zap you when you get shot, etc. The scenarios were supposed to have been semi-based on real life incidents. After I downed the bad guy when he shot at the girl at an ATM, the girl stabbed me with a knife. It turned out she was a prostitute and I had just shot her “manager”.
    I’m very reluctant to get in the middle of a situation between two strangers, even when it seems pretty obvious who the bad guy is.

I’ve decided my line in a situation where I don’t know anyone is the bad guy targeting multiple people, assuming I have no family with me and I have fairly lucky positioning. No matter how bad it is I’m not going out hunting someone; too much chance of getting shot by a good guy.

I totally get others will draw their lines at different places.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Man, this reminds me a little of a scenario I ran through on one of those 270 degree video system trainers where they had you wear an electroshock thing on your back. And they zap you when you get shot, etc. The scenarios were supposed to have been semi-based on real life incidents. After I downed the bad guy when he shot at the girl at an ATM, the girl stabbed me with a knife. It turned out she was a prostitute and I had just shot her “manager”.
    I’m very reluctant to get in the middle of a situation between two strangers, even when it seems pretty obvious who the bad guy is.

I’ve decided my line in a situation where I don’t know anyone is the bad guy targeting multiple people, assuming I have no family with me and I have fairly lucky positioning. No matter how bad it is I’m not going out hunting someone; too much chance of getting shot by a good guy.

I’m sure there is context missing. It appears to be a domestic but it’s a somewhat unique situation. If the man was me shooting at her (and her unborn child) because she was refusing to get an abortion, it would be kind of hard for someone at the clinic trying to stop the deaths of unborn babies to not intervene to stop a suspect is trying to kill both an unborn child and their mother.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post

Good advice. I learned this by watching Never Say Never Again.

Like a Breaking Bad episode. Occupants in car seen on video firing at suspect, suspect not seen firing back but is suspected of killing one, but not all three of the people in the car. Suspect then drives car with three stiffs to the hospital (while sitting on deceased driver). Beretta APX makes possibly its first appearance in national news?

3 bodies, man accused of dumping them at New Mexico hospital tied to Aryan Brotherhood

Pasquotank DA says deputies were ‘justified’ in killing of Andrew Brown Jr.

Pasquotank County District Attorney R. Andrew Womble claimed the law enforcement killing of Andrew Brown Jr. was “justified” as he shared the results of an independent investigation by the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation on Tuesday.

https://www.cbs17.com/news/north-car...drew-brown-jr/

Toddler Shoots Parents After Finding Their Unsecured Gun on Nightstand

The boy is said to have found the loaded and unsecured gun in his parents' bedroom and fired one round that struck both his mother and his father.
    Not that unusual of a story, but he did hit both parents with one shot.

https://www.newsweek.com/toddler-sho...ne-gun-1591081

Quote Originally Posted by Amp View Post
    Pasquotank County District Attorney R. Andrew Womble claimed the law enforcement killing of Andrew Brown Jr. was “justified” as he shared the results of an independent investigation by the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation on Tuesday.

https://www.cbs17.com/news/north-car...drew-brown-jr/
    Hold on to your hats!
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List