Page 61 of 806 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161561 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Just out of curiosity I wonder how things would work out if you ambushed the ambusher before the cops arrived?
    Say it was you he approached at the car wash and told to "call 911 and tell them I'm waiting."
    Then when you watched him take up his ambush position behind the bus stop you pull your AR out from behind the seat and shoot him.
    Would be an interesting case especially in light of the heavily publicized Dorner ambushes and the recent Cali gang-banger ambush/shooting.
    This is a pretty black and white scenario, so you'd probably be OK...

The standard for the use of lethal force is: Imminent, otherwise unavoidable threat of death or grave bodily harm.

Looking at the situation, you have clear ability of the rifleman to be a threat to the public.
    You have a clear manifestation of intent, and opportunity is a given with a rifle & ambush position.

I'd say rifle-ambush guy has signed his death warrant.

That said...at least in my area, I perceive law enforcement as very "anti-assistance" beyond 911 and being a good witness.

Further, I saw the aftermath of a shooting incident in my city with a swat callout for a guy with a rifle.

The police shot their own car, and failed to mention that fact in the report. The forensic examination from another department brought that to light, and it was generally a comedy show.

A comedy show with rifles...and I have not seem or heard anything to make be believe the competency of the police has improved.

So...911 called. Witnessing like a 'boss. Vanishing like a 1980's movie ninja.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    If information about the LEOs' identities has not been released yet, let's not turn it into a topic of speculation on the forum. Thank you.
    Agreed. I didn't name her in church this morning because her name hadn't been publically released yet.

pat

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Just out of curiosity I wonder how things would work out if you ambushed the ambusher before the cops arrived?
    If I find out there's a dude trying to set up an ambush for the cops and I'm in a position to do something, I'm going to cap him on general principle and feel damn good about it, too.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    Mexico 'clown' gunmen kill ex-drug chief Arellano Felix

The authorities in Mexico have said gunmen dressed as clowns have shot dead a former leading member of a once-powerful and violent drug cartel.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-24599842

Which, of course, was followed by:

Mexico clown convention rejects cartel killing link

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-24648526

Site Supporter
    Not a shooting but ..... from the why love living in TX dept.....

SAPD: Theft suspect run over by driver who wanted his cell phone back .

Police said the driver will not face charges since he was defending his property at night.
    http://www.kens5.com/home/SAPD-Theft....html?ref=prev

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Mexico 'clown' gunmen kill ex-drug chief Arellano Felix
    Bring a whole new perspective to clown shoes.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    From a local source, the ICE Agent supposedly shot himself.

http://fox40.com/2013/10/26/shooting...standoff-over/

“He is a validated gang member our officers have been dealing with for many years,” said Roseville Police Chief Daniel Hahn. During a press conference, Chief Hahn and another officer said Duran was riding a bike when he was spotted by officers. “At that time one of the officers (ICE agent) exited their vehicle and went after the man on foot,” said Lt. Cal Walstad, Roseville Police Department. While the ICE agent ran after Duran gunfire was exchanged and the federal agent was shot. As for rumors that the ICE officer may have shot himself in the leg, Chief Hahn said all evidence at this point proves that to be false.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Bring a whole new perspective to clown shoes.
    "can't sleep, clown will eat me...".

Site Supporter
    Houston (SW Suburb): Officer shot in chest and face, chases suspects, aids in arrest.

One tough lady

"She approached and was speaking with the driver when the passenger inside the vehicle shot her once in the chest and once in the face," SPD Lt. Dustin Claborn said.

In spite of her injuries, Carrizales returned fire as the vehicle fled. She then managed to make it back to her patrol car and follow the suspects, chasing them into Houston.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    "A manhunt is underway in Roseville, Calif. for an alleged gang member who police believe is responsible for shooting at least four police officers, ABC News 10 reports.

The search is currently underway for 28-year-old Samuel Duran, described by a police spokesperson as Hispanic and wearing a gray short-sleeve shirt and dark beanie. They consider him armed and dangerous."
    Conveniently ignoring rules of firearm safety... I'll reserve any further comment at this time.

Photo caption: “A California Highway Patrol officer and another emergency responder stop a vehicle at a checkpoint near the neighborhood where a federal immigration officer was shot and three local police officers were wounded during a violent confrontation with a suspect in the Sacramento suburb of Roseville on Friday, Oct. 25, 2013.”

User Tag List