Page 602 of 806 FirstFirst ... 102502552592600601602603604612652702 ... LastLast
Results 6,011 to 6,020 of 8060

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Lumberton man arrested, charged with murder in I-95 road rage shooting

Authorities arrested the man they say is responsible for shooting and killing a mother of six from Pennsylvania during a road-rage incident last week on Interstate 95 in Robeson County.

https://www.cbs17.com/news/north-car...mom-of-6-dead/

Quote Originally Posted by Amp View Post
    Authorities arrested the man they say is responsible for shooting and killing a mother of six from Pennsylvania during a road-rage incident last week on Interstate 95 in Robeson County.

https://www.cbs17.com/news/north-car...mom-of-6-dead/
    The I-95 Corridor in North Carolina is known for being home to all sorts of Badness.

Not a legal expert, but first degree murder?? Thought that had to be premeditated

Also goes to show that while we might not have a big government Big Brother watching over us, we are still being watched everywhere we go

Very early on but it looks like shots fired after a possible ramming attack in the US Capitol with 2 officers injured. Not sure if shots were to stop the car, which has since crashed into a barrier, or if there was gunfire exchanged with the occupants of the car.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    The I-95 Corridor in North Carolina is known for being home to all sorts of Badness.

Not a legal expert, but first degree murder?? Thought that had to be premeditated

Also goes to show that while we might not have a big government Big Brother watching over us, we are still being watched everywhere we go
    Very common here in NC to see that applied. It will get pled down I'm sure. The real tragedy here, like so many others, is the POS shooter appears to have had enough convictions for previous crimes that if he had actually been serving the sentences, he wouldn't have been roaming free to perpetrate this crime. That particular stretch of I-95 area is a notorious shithole. I cant think of a nice area of Robeson county and avoid travel through there whenever possible. Especially Lumberton. It wasn't long ago that a large number of their SO (including the Sherriff) was convicted of all kinds of corruption. Several of them are still in federal prison IIRC.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    Very early on but it looks like shots fired after a possible ramming attack in the US Capitol with 2 officers injured. Not sure if shots were to stop the car, which has since crashed into a barrier, or if there was gunfire exchanged with the occupants of the car.
    Unconfirmed report that one officer and the suspect have died. Some reports are saying suspect got out of the car and brandished a knife after the crash.

Apparently they landed a US Pak Police helicopter at the Capitol for a medical transport.

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/stat...082344972?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    Very common here in NC to see that applied. It will get pled down I'm sure. The real tragedy here, like so many others, is the POS shooter appears to have had enough convictions for previous crimes that if he had actually been serving the sentences, he wouldn't have been roaming free to perpetrate this crime. That particular stretch of I-95 area is a notorious shithole. I cant think of a nice area of Robeson county and avoid travel through there whenever possible. Especially Lumberton. It wasn't long ago that a large number of their SO (including the Sherriff) was convicted of all kinds of corruption. Several of them are still in federal prison IIRC.
    Yeah I'm from Brunswick County and in my lifetime we've had two of our Sheriff's removed from office because they suddenly found themselves in prison. One was for running drugs, the other was a whole Litany of mess.

I avoid Robeson County like the plague if I can

Site Supporter
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cou...amp/7020659002

My son died a hero': Mother of Louisville teen shot in Florida says he saved his brother

He was the kid who took his shoes off his feet and gave them to a homeless man on the corner," Salmon told The Courier Journal on Friday, four days after her son, Lucas, was shot and killed in Panama City Beach, Florida, where their Louisville family was vacationing.

Lucas died jumping in front of his stepbrother when a stranger approached them on the beach, pulled out a gun and shot them both, killing one and injuring the other.
    Authorities haven't released the boys' names. Salmon declined to release the surviving stepbrother's name for privacy reasons.

Christopher Lawrence Cox, 37, is being charged with murder and attempted murder after police say he admitted shooting the two 14-year-olds early Tuesday morning.

The boys had been sitting on beach chairs by the resort where their family was staying when Cox approached them, Salmon said.

Cox told police one of the boys grabbed his bag, and he "felt as though they were trying to steal from him," according to court records.

But the teenager had been trying to reach for his own bag and grabbed Cox's by mistake, Salmon said. Before he realized he picked up the wrong bag, Cox grabbed it from him, pulled out his gun and shot both boys.

"At the end of the day, it was a 14-year-old child who got murdered for no reason," Salmon said.

Cox, who also is from Louisville, was convicted of assaulting his mother nearly four years ago in the city's Crescent Hill neighborhood.
    https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...da/6991591002/

Court records reveal suspect's confession to police in Florida shooting of Louisville teens

Documents filed in a Florida court Wednesday include details from a statement given to police by the suspect in the fatal shooting of a Louisville teenager.

Christopher Lawrence Cox, 37, is being charged with murder and attempted murder after police say he admitted shooting two 14-year-old stepbrothers in Panama City Beach early Tuesday morning, killing one and injuring the other.

According to an affidavit, Cox claimed one of the boys grabbed his bag, and he "felt as though they were trying to steal from him." He said he then pulled the bag away from the victim and took his gun out of it and "unloaded," shooting both boys multiple times, the affidavit said.

"When asked what would've happened if the victim did steal his bag, he stated he would've lost his firearm which he stated he was not willing to do," according to the document.

The court records state Cox reenacted taking his bag, unzipping it and reaching inside for the firearm he said was wrapped in a black shirt. He used hand motions to indicate he chambered a round and then began shooting the victims, according to the affidavit.

Cox also told police he did not have a concealed weapons permit, court records state.
    Last edited by HCM; 04-02-2021 at 09:03 PM.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Unconfirmed report that one officer and the suspect have died. Some reports are saying suspect got out of the car and brandished a knife after the crash.

Apparently they landed a US Pak Police helicopter at the Capitol for a medical transport.

While we're digging through twitter accounts..

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 12.15.12 AM.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  55.9 KB
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

Noah Green identified as US Capitol security threat suspect, after car rams police officers

Virginia resident Noah Green has been identified as the suspect in a US Capitol security threat today, sending it into lockdown shortly after 1pm after a car rammed into two police officers at one of the complex’s security barriers.
    Along with the two officers he rammed, Mr Green was transported to hospital, where he and one of the officers were pronounced dead.
    “It is with a very, very heavy heart that I announce one of our officers has succumbed to his injuries,” Chief Pittman said.
    The victim, Officer William “Billy” Evans, had been a member of the Capitol Police force for 18 years. He was part of the department’s First Responders Unit.
    Prayers for the families of the murdered officer. RIP
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Shooting in Wilmington, N.C. leaves seven people shot, three dead

User Tag List