Page 60 of 808 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160560 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Wilmington NC police confront armed robbery suspects as they leave the Pizza Hut they were robbing. Shots were exchanged leaving 2 suspects dead, another wounded. NO officers were injured.

http://www.wect.com/story/23794913/c...-in-wilmington

From a local source, the ICE Agent supposedly shot himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    They don't need to. I've pointed this out before..........

There are armed private security guards who either couldn't get hired as a real LEO, or got fired as a LEO, and they are supplemented by active duty personnel on temporary assignment from their commands who have completed the required 15 round familiarization course of fire to be armed and check ID's as our service members come through the gates. And the Air Force has Security Forces personnel, Army & USMC have MP's, and the Navy has........ummmmm..........more private incompetent security guards and "spare" sailors whose commands didn't want them, & would probably ND a potato gun into their faces if they had to load it.
    I can’t comment on the AF, Army or USMC but I can shed some light on the Navy. We have about 50/50 DoD police and Master at Arms and a small amount of armed security force (ASF) to augment the regular security personal. Contract security personal are becoming a thing of the past.

The DoD police have to go through the DoD police academy in Virginia, I think. We have a high turnover rate because a lot of them use the job as a starting point and then jump ship when a local LE job opens. The MA’s are the equivalent of MP’s in the Army or USMC and go to school in Lackland AFB IIRC. The ASF are made up of personal who have other duties on base but are assigned to the security force about twice a month. They check ID’s on the gates or stand watch on one of the piers.

All personal have to qualify on assigned weapons twice a year. They include the M9, M4, M500 and the M240. While I think the qualification and weapons training is very lacking it’s not just a 15 rounds FAM fire.

The biggest problem we have now is all budgetary. Personal are not being replaced when they move on and it’s putting a big strain on the people left to cover them.

I think Sean might have an idea of which he speaks.

Just a gut feeling I have.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I think Sean might have an idea of which he speaks.

Just a gut feeling I have.
    Well I know what I speak of. I currently work for the Navy at the security department at the New London submarine base.

3 officers shot in Albuquerque in ambush

2 APD officers shot and a BCSO deputy shot, suspect dead.
    I know 3 BCSO female deputies, hope they're safe and everybody makes a quick and full recovery.

http://www.koat.com/news/new-mexico/...z/-/index.html

Witnesses said a man with a gun approached another person washing his black Corvette at Broadway Boulevard and Iron Avenue and told him to call police and tell them "I'm waiting."

“The man was dressed in fatigues. He had this big gun. You could tell he was ready to kill anyone in his path,” witness Jennie Noriega said.

Witnesses said the man with the gun then stood behind a bus stop and waited for police to arrive. He fired around 15 gunshots at officers, police said.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Just out of curiosity I wonder how things would work out if you ambushed the ambusher before the cops arrived?
    Say it was you he approached at the car wash and told to "call 911 and tell them I'm waiting."
    Then when you watched him take up his ambush position behind the bus stop you pull your AR out from behind the seat and shoot him.
    Would be an interesting case especially in light of the heavily publicized Dorner ambushes and the recent Cali gang-banger ambush/shooting.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

Site Supporter
    Jody,

As of about 0230 she was awake and trying to communicate. Still in critical, but on the right side of critical. Can't go into more detail at the moment.

In response to your other observation, we are slowly learning that rapid intervention by anyone seems to improve these situations, if only by throwing the attacker off their game plan. If I were ambushed, I would hope that someone would do more than just be a good witness.

Also, I've seen you shoot. I would hope someone like you were there to take the wind out of my attacker.

When seconds count, police tend to be only a couple of minutes away. It is the nature of the beast.

pat

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    As of about 0230 she was awake and trying to communicate. Still in critical, but on the right side of critical. Can't go into more detail at the moment.
    Anybody I might know?
    For some reason as soon as the story broke I got a weird feeling.

We are diminished
    If information about the LEOs' identities has not been released yet, let's not turn it into a topic of speculation on the forum. Thank you.

User Tag List