Page 6 of 807 FirstFirst ... 456781656106506 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Badfish25 View Post
    http://americanvisionnews.com/1383/s...c-waffle-house

I heard a lot of Monday morning quarter backing on this one, seems like the guy make a good judgement call to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    I wouldn't have attempted to tell the robbers to "stay put" as the article stated. Bad guys forcing people to the floor and waving a gun would mean I'm engaging them straight away or I'm hauling tail for the nearest exit.
    First of all, awesome thread! Thanks for starting it and posting so much info here.

What's tough, though, is that there are just so many variables. On the one hand, my instinct is to agree with Irish - if a BG has a gun and seems willing to use it, I don't want to put myself or anyone else in any more danger than necessary. So it follows that I'll shoot if I can, or haul out of there if that seems more prudent. But then I play the "what if" game, and I can come up with a lot of scenarios about things that weren't discussed in the article, where I might be comfortable giving the robbers that warning sign. Where giving that warning sign not only wouldn't add to my or anyone else's danger, but would maybe even give some innocent bystanders an opportunity to clear out of my line of fire or etc.

That's what's tough (to me) about analyzing these stories. They're super-useful, and please keep them coming! But the stories (even the ones with video) often just don't have enough information to support a thorough analysis of the tactics.

Maybe someone with more experience analyzing this sort of thing can share tips for getting the most learning out of these stories....?
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

I wouldn't have attempted to tell the robbers to "stay put" as the article stated. Bad guys forcing people to the floor and waving a gun would mean I'm engaging them straight away or I'm hauling tail for the nearest exit.
    Yea I get what your saying, but in my mind I took it as the guy was hesitant to just start shooting without some type of verbal communication (a lot of this can be blamed on movies IMO), but as soon as the situation started to deteriorated he knew what need to be done.

CO - The owner of a CO check cashing business drew his gun after 2 armed men tried to rob him after the store had been closed. During the gunfight the owner was shot in the hand and the 2 suspects escaped in a vehicle.

A reminder to practice SHO and WHO only shooting!

NC - A store clerk spent the night in his convenience store to protect it after someone tore a hole in the roof. Around 2:30am a man broke into the store and was confronted by the clerk who shot him. The suspected robber then fled, but was captured by police nearby.

AZ - A homeowner heard a noise in his home around 4PM. Realizing that someone was in his home the homeowner grabbed a gun and confronted the intruder in a hallway and then shot the intruder. The homeowner called 911 and the suspect was taken to the hospital in critical condition. Article and video here.

PA - A confusing story about a guy who's "spidey sense" starts tingling and he then loads his gun, reholsters then draws it firing a round into the ground... 2 bad guys runs off. Sounds a little iffy on this one and could be just a story to get himself in the local paper.

Don't carry an unloaded weapon and don't pose for pictures like what's shown in the article.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    PA - A confusing story about a guy who's "spidey sense" starts tingling and he then loads his gun, reholsters then draws it firing a round into the ground... 2 bad guys runs off. Sounds a little iffy on this one and could be just a story to get himself in the local paper.

Don't carry an unloaded weapon and don't pose for pictures like what's shown in the article.
    You think I'd ever admit to owning a Sigma (or SD, I guess ) let alone pose for a photo with it???

I don't know about the SD... there is a video on youtube of a South African instructor doing WORK with an SD9. Though he does at least comment that the trigger is awful.
    I train to be better than I was yesterday. -F2S

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    You think I'd ever admit to owning a Sigma (or SD, I guess ) let alone pose for a photo with it???
    Posing in a photo with it while muzzling you're own hand. Not a good message to send to people in my opinion.

FL - Appears to be a nutjob trying to carjack / kidnap a kid maybe? Not sure what charges would be filed but there's no need now.

User Tag List