Page 596 of 807 FirstFirst ... 96496546586594595596597598606646696 ... LastLast
Results 5,951 to 5,960 of 8062

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    I wonder if it's going to be revealed that he should have not been able to purchase a firearm.
    That’s assuming he got it legally. My guess is that he did, but we’ll see what develops.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    That’s assuming he got it legally. My guess is that he did, but we’ll see what develops.
    But Colorado requires universal background checks - so he obviously couldn’t have acquired a gun without one!

/S

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Hands View Post
    Ahmad Al Aliwi Alissa, 21, was identified as the suspect in the shooting at King Soopers in Boulder, Colorado that left 10 dead, including Boulder Police Officer Eric Talley.
    https://heavy.com/news/ahmad-al-issa/
    If the "facts" there are correct, I'd say this is cause for major reform and government action....

In the public education system

in the public mental health system
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    If the "facts" there are correct, I'd say this is cause for major reform and government action....

In the Immigration system....

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    In the Immigration system....
    well, that's a good point but...

if he came here when he was 3 I don't know if it's totally relevant

and...

the left is currently uninterested in stemming the tide of future D voters so I wouldn't expect to see that change. I'd think that mental health and education reform, at least in principal, would be something we could all agree on.

I already see this guy being called a "jihadi" in various places, which seems a stretch at best from the information so far.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

My prediction: Colorado will soon enact Alissa's law which will penalize friends, family, educators, & coworkers who do not invoke red flag laws against someone who later uses a gun in crime. That'll solve everything...

if he came here when he was 3 I don't know if it's totally relevant

I already see this guy being called a "jihadi" in various places, which seems a stretch at best from the information so far.
    What information? I've searched and am not really finding anything. That, I find interesting. Also, a person doesn't have to be foreign born to have extremist Jihadi beliefs.

The usual gun control ghouls are wetting themselves with joy over the Colorado incident.

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    What information? I've searched and am not really finding anything. That, I find interesting. Also, a person doesn't have to be foreign born to have extremist Jihadi beliefs.
    I get that some folks just want to bang on the jihadi drum, often for some sort of other agenda (ironic how many will pitch a bitch that the left is "using a tragedy to curtail gun rights" but then use the same tragedy as a reason to scream "jihadi!") but if homeboy had a legit set of mental problems then the even if he shouted "a la peanut butter and jelly sandwiches" while firing that doesn't make him a "jihadi".

I have a relative that is bat-crap-crazy. When he goes off his meds he gets on about Cuba, and revolutions, and all that shit. Doesn't make him a "marxist" or whatever.

no more so than someone that thinks aliens are probing his asshole is a Martian.

Site Supporter
    CNN reporting it was an AR pistol with an "arm grip." Must be what Biden was talking about when he said more info would come out about the "modifications made to it."

User Tag List