Page 576 of 807 FirstFirst ... 76476526566574575576577578586626676 ... LastLast
Results 5,751 to 5,760 of 8062

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Having spent a good bit of time at Ft. Huachuca, I'm familiar with Fry Blvd. The road's pretty busy and lined with businesses. The casualty count could've been much worse.
    Yup.

Site Supporter
    https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2020...ce-chief-says/

SAPD Chief McManus: Officer shot in body camera shoots suspect during exchange of gunfire on South Side
    Suspect shot in abdomen, arm, chief says

SAN ANTONIO – A San Antonio police officer shot a suspect during a foot chase after the suspect shot the officer’s body camera, Police Chief William McManus said.

The shooting happened near the 7000 block of I-35 South on Monday evening.

McManus said two officers on patrol pulled over a vehicle with three people inside during a traffic stop. He said one of the passengers, a 22-year-old man, got out of the vehicle and ran from officers.

One officer chased the man on foot and ended up in a nearby driveway. When the suspect got to the driveway, he started shooting at the officer, McManus said.

At one point, the suspect ran out of bullets and pulled out a second weapon and continued to shoot at the officer, according to McManus.

The chief said the officer was hit directly in the body cam during the exchange of gunfire. McManus said the officer was knocked down and returned fire, shooting the suspect in the arm and abdomen.

McManus said the suspect was taken to the hospital, and his condition is unknown. The bullet that hit the officer’s body cam did not directly hit the officer, but he was checked out by medical personnel at the scene, the chief sa

Fortunately, it wasn't a photo finish.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Student
    Wonder if that officer had a backup gun too. I'd guess probably not.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    Wonder if that officer had a backup gun too. I'd guess probably not.
    SAPD allows and encourages BUGs but it wasn't needed in this case.

This one just gets stranger, daily. Hope the video is released soon.

There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/arson-inv...y-shot-houston

Arson investigator, arson suspect fatally shot in Houston

HOUSTON – An arson investigator and an arson suspect were killed during a shootout early Friday in Houston after the investigator pursued the suspect, city police and fire officials said.

Investigator Lemuel Bruce, 44, died at a hospital where he was taken after the shooting around 3:30 a.m. in northwest Houston, according to fire Chief Samuel Peña. Bruce had been with the department for 17 years, he said, adding that this is the first time a fire investigator has been shot in the line of duty.

Both Peña and Mayor Sylvester Turner offered condolences to Bruce's wife and two children.

"They are hurting right now, the department is hurting," Pena said.

Assistant police Chief Matt Slinkard noted that Bruce was part of a team investigating recent arsons in the area when he spotted and pursued a vehicle suspected of being connected to the blazes. One suspect had been arrested in connection with at least seven fires.

"This arson investigator was following a suspect, was waiting for the rest of his team to get into the area, put out his location over radio. By the time that team arrived, this shooting had already occurred," Slinkard said.

The suspect was dead at the scene, but has not been identified, Slinkard added. Guns were recovered from Bruce and the suspect, according to Slinkard.

As an arson investigator, Slinkard said Bruce was a certified peace officer, but did not wear a body camera. No witnesses have been found.

Murder suspect arrested by police drone

A murder suspect was arrested by a drone flown into his apartment after the door was blown open. Interesting development.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/suspect-m...224939661.html
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/arson-inv...y-shot-houston

Arson investigator, arson suspect fatally shot in Houston
    I recently found out that since arson investigators have arrest powers, they are the some of the only FD staff who carry firearms. News to me although I am sure not to most here.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000493381886

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I recently found out that since arson investigators have arrest powers, they are the some of the only FD staff who carry firearms. News to me although I am sure not to most here.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000493381886
    Every state is different. but most arson investigators / fire marshals have to go through and maintain a full police academy / peace officer certification.

User Tag List