Page 574 of 810 FirstFirst ... 74474524564572573574575576584624674 ... LastLast
Results 5,731 to 5,740 of 8092

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Attempted Gunstore Robbery

According to the various reports, four people — two of them brandishing handguns — walked into the store, and the owner fired at them, striking one of the four.

The other three fled west in a silver or gray car with a paper license plate, possibly a Chevrolet Impala. Police did not provide detailed suspect descriptions.

The wounded person was taken to a hospital with injuries that were not believed to be life-threatening, police said. That person’s identity has not been released.

I have been in this gunstore once a few years ago. It is a small, one man gunstore. I thing I drove by it three years ago and stopped in. At the time it was a weekday afternoon and there was only the owner working there. If I remember correctly, the owner is a 60+ year old former Marine. He retired and then opened a gun store because that is what he enjoyed doing. Seemed like a quiet guy who you would not make out as anything special. It is Mike’s Gun Room in the 1000 block of East Belt Line Road in Richardson, TX. You can simply google Mike's Gun Room and get a street view of the store and the small shopping strip where it is located.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2020/09/10/...pected-robber/

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/cr...3-f7851f0e738e

Suspect wanted for shooting cop in north Georgia shot a man tending to his cows. That man was able to draw his pistol and return fire, but was shot three times. Thankfully he’s recovering and the dirtbag is in custody.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/man...UmbqoFkHlYJWPI

The trailer the suspect was hauling at the time of shooting the officer was recovered and found to be filled with explosives.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

R.I.P. Deputy Ryan Hendrix

Next county over from me...I was just talking yesterday with a young man I know whose father is a detective in the county...and who is himself applying to be a deputy in my county. (Before I had heard about this incident.)

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/su...GZ22IOZXR4JJI/

Sheriff Lowell Griffin said a homeowner had noticed someone breaking into a car around 3 a.m. Thursday.

Griffin said the homeowner yelled at the man, who then shattered a window at the home with a crowbar. Griffin said the man and the homeowner exchanged gunfire after the suspect took a gun from the vehicle and before deputies arrived.

Griffin said the suspect appeared to comply with commands to show deputies his hands before firing once and shooting Hendrix in the face. The sheriff said two other deputies returned fire and that the suspect, identified as Robert Ray Doss Jr., died at the scene.

Hendrix was rushed to Mission Hospital where he later died. He had been with the sheriff’s office since 2012.

Hendrix was a Marine veteran who has two children, a 6-year-old boy and a 9-year-old girl. He was engaged to be married next month.

“We are all a family. This, this office, this Sheriff’s Office, the people here, they are, they’re one big family. So, this is a family member that has been critically injured. And, we’re all hurting right now,” said Sheriff Lowell Griffin. “Ryan has been here since 2012, so he’s an 8-year veteran of the department, of the office. And, he has done an outstanding job in every aspect that he served in.”
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Next county over from me...I was just talking yesterday with a young man I know whose father is a detective in the county...and who is himself applying to be a deputy in my county. (Before I had heard about this incident.)

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/su...GZ22IOZXR4JJI/
    Deputy Hendrix wouldn’t have been shot if the homeowner hadn’t left a gun in his car.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Deputy Hendrix wouldn’t have been shot if the homeowner hadn’t left a gun in his car.
    Very true. That is extreme negligence in my book.
    And "show me your hands" is not good. You are now expecting the guys hands to move and it puts you way behind on reacting.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/09/11/f...atal-shooting/

Sgt. Benjamin LeBlanc was the first to shoot Chavez with a lethal weapon, shooting him twice as he appeared to charge, Acevado said at the press conference. Minutes later, Officer Kevin Nguyen fired a single shot at Chavez, who appeared to make another charge, causing him to fall to the ground.

These three shots were deemed reasonable “based on the totality of the circumstances,” Acevado said.

Officers attempted to provide medical attention to Chavez, but he wouldn’t allow them to come near him brandishing the piece of metal, according to Acevado. After more time passed, Chavez then grabbed an officer’s taser, which had been dropped on the ground to prevent anyone from tripping on its wire.

LeBlanc, Tapia and two other officers immediately fired a combined 21 shots at Chavez, Acevado said. None of these shots were deemed reasonable, according to Acevado who added that 28 officers were at the scene and were not in danger.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

...but who's counting?

(/sarc)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Student
    https://abc13.com/18-year-old-charge...sleep/6423483/

Note the following is not the whole article.

HARRIS COUNTY, Texas (KTRK) -- An 18-year-old woman has been charged with murder after a 20-year-old was shot and killed as she slept in her bed.

The sheriff's office said dozens of shots were fired into the family's home on Timber Crest and Jones around 11 p.m. Sunday.

Investigators initially said there were several shooters, so more arrests could be coming.

Deputies think it's possible the shooters were actually standing in the front yard when they fired, and shot from at least three sides of the house.

Investigators said the shooters took off in several vehicles including a stolen motorcycle, which was dropped nearby and found, a red pick-up truck, and one other car with no description.

Rhodd's parents also believe her 15-year-old brother was the target of the shooting. They say they have been threatened by a group of people who have had problems with their son since March.

Rhodd's mother says she's called police 15-17 times since March to complain about the threats.

A GoFundMe has been set up to help pay for Rhodd's funeral costs.

The same county as Houston, Texas, in the above-discussed Chavez shooting:

https://abc13.com/baytown-officer-in...-year/6422471/

I think that we can reasonably infer that the Taser is a less-lethal option option in police hands, and as totally harmless in the hands if a resisting criminal, in the present socio-legal environment. While still an active officer, I believed that I might well be indicted if I shot a criminal, who had snatched my mandated, issued Taser. Well, now, in this county, it has happened, to a Baytown officer.
    Last edited by Rex G; 09-15-2020 at 08:59 AM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

6 people shot in 3 separate Durham shootings

User Tag List