Page 568 of 807 FirstFirst ... 68468518558566567568569570578618668 ... LastLast
Results 5,671 to 5,680 of 8063

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Per news reports the suspect was also individually known to the local police due to prior calls and arrests.

In plain English, if they know he is a prohibited person due to convictions, mental health etc just seeing him with a gun would be enough.
    I should have been able to piece that together, thanks.

Yeah, I don't think this one has national legs since trying to turn this guy into a martyr is even more problematic than the current issue in Austin. You'd basically have to argue that LE should make no attempts to enforce firearms laws at all, even when a guy is displaying his illegal weapon on the equivalent of main street in broad daylight.

Not to downplay the training which seems to have gone right here, but I imagine the great speed and accuracy was helped by the fact the officer knew this was some likely bad shit as soon as he landed eyes on this guy. At least he had a precious few extra seconds to get prepared to react.

If the officer in question had missed with shot one, or not dropped the guy instantly, there's an excellent chance this could have been far worse. With dead/injured LE and injured or dead bystanders. And one of them could have been me if I had been on my way to places I go to frequently.

But that doesn't make headlines.

ETA: RPD definitely needs new cams. At night, would this have shown anything useful at all? I can imagine the audio alone getting spun into "cops give addled dude no chance to surrender."
    Last edited by Baldanders; 07-30-2020 at 04:11 PM.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post

Yeah, I don't think this one has national legs since trying to turn this guy into a martyr is even more problematic than the current issue in Austin. You'd basically have to argue that LE should make no attempts to enforce firearms laws at all, even when a guy is displaying his illegal weapon on the equivalent of main street in broad daylight.

Not to downplay the training which seems to have gone right here, but I imagine the great speed and accuracy was helped by the fact the officer knew this was some likely bad shit as soon as he landed eyes on this guy. At least he had a precious few extra seconds to get prepared to react.

If the officer in question had missed with shot one, or not dropped the guy instantly, there's an excellent chance this could have been far worse. With dead/injured LE and injured or dead bystanders. And one of them could have been me if I had been on my way to places I go to frequently.

ETA: RPD definitely needs new cams. At night, would this have shown anything useful at all? I can imagine the audio alone getting spun into "cops give addled dude no chance to surrender."
    That was for whomever.

Re cameras, they cost more ey, or more correct lying the data storage costs money. Someone e needs to help these guys write a great as not for new cameras.

That was for whomever.

Re cameras, they cost more ey, or more correct lying the data storage costs money. Someone e needs to help these guys write a great as not for new cameras.
    Roxboro is pretty financially challenged. I don't know about now, but 10 years back, median household income was somewhere in the mid-20k range. No major employers left. The side of town closer to Durham is a bit better off, as it is almost a suburb of Durham with professionals willing to commute a bit seeking cheaper housing. It's not quite as post-apocalyptic looking as much of Danville over the border, but it is only slowly growing into any kind of decent development.

It's not a prime pick for a LE job.
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Sentenced to life for killing homeowner, injuring wife in Millinocket home invasion

A North Carolina man was sentenced to life in prison Friday for his role in a 2017 home invasion that left a Millinocket businessman dead and his wife seriously wounded. Christopher Murray, 40, of Red Springs, North Carolina, was convicted of murder, elevated aggravated assault and robbery by a jury on Feb. 1, 2019, following a four-day trial. He was one of three people charged with robbing and shooting Wayne Lapierre, 59, and his wife, Diem (pronounced Yem) Lapierre, now 36, in the basement of their Massachusetts Avenue home on Dec. 19, 2017. Wayne Lapierre died of bullet wounds three days later in a Bangor hospital. Superior Court Justice William Anderson said at Murray’s sentencing at the Penobscot Judicial Center in Bangor that he imposed the life sentence because the crime was premeditated, Murray intended to kill two people and Diem Lapierre endured conscious suffering before she was able to call for help. Lapierre identified Murray as the man who shot her in the head as she sat next to her husband on the floor of the master bedroom in their basement. One of the men later shot her again. She was unconscious for about 30 minutes, until “God brought me back,” she said. She was able to untie herself, crawl upstairs to the kitchen and call 911. Lapierre lost her left eye and still has two bullets lodged in her brain.
    https://bangordailynews.com/2020/07/...home-invasion/

The judge had sentenced co-defendants Tony Locklear, 46, previously of East Millinocket and Pembroke, North Carolina, and his daughter, now 24-year-old Alexis Locklear of Maxton, North Carolina, on March 13, 2019. Locklear was sentenced to life in prison while his daughter, Murray’s ex-girlfriend, was sentenced to time served — 375 days — for her limited role in the home invasion. Tony Locklear also faces murder and first-degree kidnapping charges in North Carolina in connection with the slaying of Braxton Chavis Jr. in Maxton on Dec. 4, 2017 — just 15 days before the Millinocket home invasion. When he will be returned to North Carolina to face the charges in that state has not been determined.
    https://bangordailynews.com/2020/07/...home-invasion/

Angry Very expensive burger king... cost life for one and jail for the shooter...

It was free burger after refund.
    Also, shows how not to be controlled by woman of the house...
    https://kdvr.com/news/nationalworld-...Cqt1uWt-E_kBgg

by: Nexstar Media Wire
    Posted: Aug 3, 2020 / 08:45 AM MDT / Updated: Aug 3, 2020 / 08:45 AM MDT
    Credit: Orange County Jail
    ORLANDO, Fla. — Authorities in Florida say a Burger King worker was fatally shot after a dispute over a delay in a food order.
    Deputies said 22-year-old Desmond Armond Joshua Jr., who had only recently begun working at the restaurant, was working in the drive-thru when a woman became angry over the long line.
    According to WOFL, the woman told the worker that she would call in her “man” to the restaurant, and the employee gave the customer a refund and asked her to leave.
    The woman later returned to the restaurant with 37-year-old Kelvis Rodriguez Tormes.
    Tormes allegedly attacked the employee and tried to choke him. The fight was broken up, but Tormes later shot Joshua in the parking lot, according to an arrest affidavit.
    Authorities say Tormes is charged with first-degree murder with a firearm, destruction of evidence and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
    The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Site Supporter
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...ed/ar-BB17vZNu

Apparently, an early morning shooting with no injuries at a training center for LDS missionaries in Provo, Utah. Shooter broke some windows at the security kiosk at the main entrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post

I'm feeling like a crappy husband since my wife pointed out to me she missed being a witness to this shooting by about an hour. She went to pick up medicine for Pug at the vet in Roxboro that day and drove by the location of the shooting.
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Site Supporter
    https://www.police1.com/lodd/article...6Laele5JfSlnZs

Officials: Federal LEO dies from accidental discharge of firearm Special Agent John Bost III died inside a Hawaii police station after a rifle accidentally discharged, officials said

BATFE Agent

MAUI COUNTY, Hawaii – The death of a federal agent last week has been ruled an accidental line of duty death by federal officials, according to Hawaii News Now.

Special Agent John Bost III died July 28 inside a Maui police station from an accidental discharge of a rifle, the Maui Police Department said.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    https://www.police1.com/lodd/article...6Laele5JfSlnZs

Officials: Federal LEO dies from accidental discharge of firearm Special Agent John Bost III died inside a Hawaii police station after a rifle accidentally discharged, officials said

BATFE Agent
    Any insight as to whether or not it was his rifle? Teammates? Local cops? Fuck that's horrible.

Unless there is a massive mechanical failure, that's not an accidental discharge. RIP, Agent.

User Tag List