Page 567 of 807 FirstFirst ... 67467517557565566567568569577617667 ... LastLast
Results 5,661 to 5,670 of 8067

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Thanks for posting that! Best news I’ve seen in a while!
    According to his arrest affidavit, the suspect called police after his picture was shared online.

“Yeah, I am the person,” he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    https://apnews.com/1afe036e830c3e2183b3d66bbbd2d836

So far: --guy has a history of open carrying long guns and mental illness(maybe?)
    --was at the Dollar General, someone called the cops while he was on his way there
    --an illegally shortened shotgun seems to be his gun, media seems to act like there is some possible chance it's not his
    --guy gets shot at DG by local LE, sounds possible it involved him shooting first, guy dies later

This doesn't seem to have national "legs" yet, I have a feeling it won't, despite protests in Roxboro.

I have always found Roxboro PD to be a friendly, relaxed bunch. Seems waaaaaay unlikely this was a bad shoot. My wife read an article that claimed the RPD "knew" the guy from previous calls involving him.

The fact that it involved a "weapon of mass destruction" alone may keep this out of mass coverage.

ETA: This is literally less than 20 min away from me. I have been to the store in question.
    Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer.

Quote Originally Posted by David C. View Post
    Looks like he was bringing it up on them. Thanks for the post.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Looks like he was bringing it up on them. Thanks for the post.
    I do wonder if the trooper with the shotgun or the pistol fired. He sure went down quickly.
    Also, it appears that the Roxboro PD still issues or authorizes the Ithaca 37 shotgun.

(edit: I watched the video again and saw the light-colored wad from the shotshell bounce off the fellow's left forearm. )
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    I do wonder if the trooper with the shotgun or the pistol fired. He sure went down quickly.
    Also, it appears that the Roxboro PD still issues or authorizes the Ithaca 37 shotgun.

(edit: I watched the video again and saw the light-colored wad from the shotshell bounce off the fellow's left forearm. )
    My tablet is too blurry to see that, thanks.

The video is certainly a good example of LE in a "almost no time to think" situation. On that stretch of road, if the guy had opened fire any stray pellets would have been going right into traffic and strip malls.

This video is also probably a good example of why Flite Control is a good idea for LE use. And, of course, why training for LE pays off for everyone.
    NO EXCEPTIONS

The video is certainly a good example of LE in a "almost no time to think" situation. On that stretch of road, if the guy had opened fire any stray pellets would have been going right into traffic and strip malls.

This video is also probably a good example of why Flite Control is a good idea for LE use. And, of course, why training for LE pays off for everyone.
    ETA: It also shattered my delusions that the derp happening across the nation can't happen in my "backyard."
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Question

Not your tablet.
    The dashcam is like prehistoric quality.
    I had to go frame by frame on big monitor to see the rifle he was lifting up before getting shot.
    He was conscious and talking for a while. I thought he'd survive but he died.

One question though, is it not open carry state? Why are they stopping and asking someone walking with open carry to drop the gun?
    Last edited by Mystery; 07-30-2020 at 12:11 PM.

Exclamation Woman Gets Shot By Arizona Cops After Firing a Gun At Them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE9fVYJWcKA

Officer calls "10-52 non violent stop".
    Soon after it was pretty violent.
    The other guy almost got shot as he was right behind the women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
    Not your tablet.
    I had to go frame by frame on big monitor to see the rifle he was lifting up before getting shot.

One question though, is it not open carry state? Why are they stopping and asking someone walking with open carry to drop the gun?
    Well, by many accounts the gun in question was a illegal SB shottie. Plus 911 got a complaint call about a "masked guy with a shotgun" (yeah, we are supposed to be masked-duh). I wouldn't claim to know the process LE used in their decision, but I would imagine they feel obligated to check on a complaint.

I'm not interested in getting into another OC debate, but holstered OC is not hyper-common around here, but it doesn't raise eyebrows either. If he'd had a holstered pistol, I doubt anyone would have called LE about it. I have never seen anyone with a long gun OCing in 16 years out here, unless it was someone in hunting camo with a rifle on a sling at the shoulder. When I am in Roxboro, I am not too worried about printing or having my cover garment move in such a way as to show one of my pistols. (Pretty sure I gave a member of the RPD a clear view of my 640 a few weeks back while bending over to get water outside a convenience store)In Durham/the Triangle, I am far more careful about being undetected, because mores are different.
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
    Not your tablet.

Well, by many accounts the gun in question was a illegal SB shottie. Plus 911 got a complaint call about a "masked guy with a shotgun" (yeah, we are supposed to be masked-duh). I wouldn't claim to know the process LE used in their decision, but I would imagine they feel obligated to check on a complaint.

I'm not interested in getting into another OC debate, but holstered OC is not hyper-common around here, but it doesn't raise eyebrows either. If he'd had a holstered pistol, I doubt anyone would have called LE about it. I have never seen anyone with a long gun OCing in 16 years out here, unless it was someone in hunting camo with a rifle on a sling at the shoulder. When I am in Roxboro, I am not too worried about printing or having my cover garment move in such a way as to show one of my pistols. (Pretty sure I gave a member of the RPD a clear view of my 640 a few weeks back while bending over to get water outside a convenience store)In Durham/the Triangle, I am far more careful about being undetected, because mores are different.
    Per news reports the suspect was also individually known to the local police due to prior calls and arrests.

In plain English, if they know he is a prohibited person due to convictions, mental health etc just seeing him with a gun would be enough.

User Tag List