Page 545 of 807 FirstFirst ... 45445495535543544545546547555595645 ... LastLast
Results 5,441 to 5,450 of 8062

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Site Supporter
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-d...-home-invasion

Florida deputy shoots ax-wielding man who busted into her home, sheriff says

An ax-wielding Florida man picked the wrong home to break into Tuesday night when he busted down a sheriff’s deputy’s door and was shot multiple times, authorities said.

Steven William Thayer, 40, had already made numerous break-in attempts throughout the Apopka neighborhood when he used an ax to smash his way into the deputy’s home, the Orange County Sheriff’s Office said.

The deputy, who was not named, shot the suspect multiple times to protect herself and her children, Sheriff John Mina said at a news conference. She was able to handcuff him after a struggle and hold him until deputies arrived.

^^^^Must've been something approaching an Apopkalyptic moment for the perp. Nicely done by the deputy.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

...shot the suspect multiple times... She was able to handcuff him after a struggle...
    That is scary.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    That is scary.
    Yeah, but a win is still a win. I’m hoping that a light bulb will go off and she’ll get some training, or at least hit the range more often.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Yeah, but a win is still a win. I’m hoping that a light bulb will go off and she’ll get some training, or at least hit the range more often.
    I don't think it's fair to make any assumptions about her marksmanship as we know from numerous reports that bad guys often survive multiple (well placed) hits and stay in the fight longer than expected.

The fact that she responded as well as she did following the startling manner in which her home was breached, put rounds on the perp and cuffed him gets a full attagirl out of me.

I'm certainly not saying more training isn't better, but I'm not making any assumptions about her capabilities based upon the article linked above.

Site Supporter
    @blues - That crossed my mind after I posted. Thanks for the reminder.

Fired mall security guard shoots 1 & takes ~30 hostages in the Philippines: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...67796.html?amp

Site Supporter
    https://www.wymt.com/content/news/FB...wGKQmKlw4nRBwA

FBI agent shot while serving arrest warrant for Pulaski County constable

PULASKI COUNTY, Ky. (WYMT/WKYT) - Updated 12:00 p.m.
    New information was released about why an FBI agent was in Pulaski County when the agent and another person were shot.

Sister station WKYT reports the agent was serving arrest warrants for two Pulaski County constables, Gary Baldock and Michael Wallace. The FBI agent was at Baldock's home on Mountain View Drive when the shooting happened.

The FBI reports the agent and the second person who was shot are both stable in the hospital, but still have not identified who that second person is.

Constable Wallace's attorney told the Herald-Leader that Wallace was arrested Friday morning. An investigation that began last month led to the two arrest warrants and indictments for conspiracy against rights, specifically regarding unreasonable searches and seizures.

Site Supporter
    On Buffalo TV - last night 19 year old takes GF to the Brazilian steak house at the Walden Galleria. He reaches into his pocket to get cash and fires a Ruger LC9 into his GF's leg. They flee but stop and call for help as she is bleeding out. He is charged with not having a legal carry permit (being 19), shooting her and DaDAH, the gun was stolen two years ago.

Let out on bail.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    On Buffalo TV - last night 19 year old takes GF to the Brazilian steak house at the Walden Galleria. He reaches into his pocket to get cash and fires a Ruger LC9 into his GF's leg. They flee but stop and call for help as she is bleeding out. He is charged with not having a legal carry permit (being 19), shooting her and DaDAH, the gun was stolen two years ago.

Let out on bail.
    Well, bail is determined on risk of flight and danger to the community. (Clearly he's not Einstein, but that doesn't mean he can be assumed to either flee the jurisdiction or repeat his moronic act. There are way worse actors bonding out every day.)

User Tag List