Page 521 of 807 FirstFirst ... 21421471511519520521522523531571621 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,210 of 8062

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Off duty officer shoots non verbal dude with some sort of mental issues (and his parents) at the meat department of Corona Costco:

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...614-story.html

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/costco-...st-2019-06-16/

The story is so crazy I can't wait to hear the results of investigation.
    Grand Jury no-billed the off duty officer, so the DA released the surveillance footage (which pretty much only shows how bad Costco's surveillance is). Officer remains on leave and still faces civil trial

Last edited by 0ddl0t; 09-25-2019 at 04:02 PM.

Close to home

This happened 9 blocks from my house.
    Lots of controversy, so much so that the state Bureau of Criminal Apprehension & the police chief reviewed and publicly released the body cam footage within less than two weeks. Most of the folks previously yelling "police brutality" are silent now.

"If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Kukuforguns View Post
    I haven't looked at the jurisdiction, but in California that would be murder. There is no self-defense or defense of others justification. You would be intentionally killing someone to protect property.
    There is also a Iowa Supreme Court case that dealt with this, Katko vs. Briney:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katko_v._Briney

BLUF: The defendant used a spring-loaded 20 ga. trap gun to wound a trespasser at an abandoned property. The Court found that using potentially deadly force was not justified in defense of property, when no one was present.

I'm pretty sure there is a similar U.S. Supreme Court case, involving a spring-loaded bolt-action Mauser trap that killed a trespasser. I remember reading about it in college, but haven't found the citation yet.
    Last edited by Horseman; 09-25-2019 at 10:34 PM.

FL Man Goes To VA Beach To Get Paralyzed

Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Dont be bringing that Florida man shit to VA, ya hear? Keep that shit in FL.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Lots of controversy, so much so that the state Bureau of Criminal Apprehension & the police chief reviewed and publicly released the body cam footage within less than two weeks. Most of the folks previously yelling "police brutality" are silent now.

Dirtbag is dirt napping. GOOD.
    Am a little concerned about the officer's support (left) hand apparently flailing around a lot near the muzzle of his glock. It would have sucked if he'd shot himself.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

No shot fired, but a California concealed carrier stopped a violent kidnapping yesterday.

A Redding man beat a woman he knows and kidnapped her sister before being confronted by an armed citizen who noticed the victim was "in distress" at a nearby gas station, officers said.

Redding Police Sgt. Brian Torum said citizens don't necessarily intervene with crimes that often, but in this case, it was clear that the woman needed help.

"If people are good people and they’re brave enough to do it and they see something is clearly amiss, you know, sometimes it happens. We don’t see it a whole lot because a lot of times, crimes don’t go to a level where people feel like they need to," Torum said.
    https://www.redding.com/story/news/c...an/3789233002/

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post

Some? Are the rest retarded ?
    Last edited by HCM; 09-27-2019 at 08:48 PM.

I went to a community meeting a few days after, held at the local precinct with the district commander and 2nd in command, with the city council member for the ward
    attending. I lasted 12 minutes before I had to bail from the excess of virulent, almost-shrieking dumbth.

So yeah, in answer to your question, @HCM ...

We know what swims in the sea with us.

For what it's worth, the St Paul & Minneapolis offices of Black Lives Matter took a pass on this one. They found nothing objectionable about the police conduct here.
    Last edited by Lex Luthier; 09-27-2019 at 09:07 PM.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

"If people are good people and they’re brave enough to do it and they see something is clearly amiss, you know, sometimes it happens. We don’t see it a whole lot because a lot of times, crimes don’t go to a level where people feel like they need to," Torum said.

Plus the state makes it as difficult as possible for good people to be equipped as well in public spaces as the bad ones...
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

User Tag List