Page 52 of 803 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152552 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

I've read that the now deceased suspect raised the rifle and pointed it at the two deputies AFTER repeatedly being told to drop it. Note that the rifle did NOT have the orange band on the muzzle like most replicas. It addition, this event occurred in an area where it is not uncommon for officers to seize real AK's at crime scenes.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Nevermind..some folks minds are already made up.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Even if it looks like a toy it buys you very little in my book. To easy to disguise a weapon to buy that moment of hesitation on the good guys part. Example - the super soaker that was used to disguise a pump shotgun listed on a Baltimore PD alert. Gang Bangers and mass murders have no minimum age. Parents need to coach their children on these points. Don't be argumentative, obey the officer's instructions and file formal complaints latter if warranted.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Do you turn your back on the strange noncompliant man with the AK and go inside? Do you just stand around and wait for him to do something? Do you holster up and go wrestle him for his AK? Do you use some less-lethal weapon and hope he drops it when he gets a face full of pepper spray? I'm honestly curious.
    I'd do my Woody Woodpecker whistle and then watch as he spontaneously began bleeding without me lifting a finger.

rsa, I respectfully disagree with what I percieve your point to be. I disagree because if LE widely held your perspective, we would have a lot of dead kids on the street holding super soakers because they might have been shotguns in disguise.

If what the Doc read and reported turns out to be the facts, then there is little to discuss other than what can be learned by applying judgement in the context of the circumstances.

To add to that, in my area the kids are all doing Call of Duty airsoft reneactments/wargames. I have struggled with this. On one hand I think it prudent to notify local LE when they are doing this to avoid a tragic accident. On the other hand, in my state it is tremendously hit or miss on the pro or anti 2a stance that may be recieved. I have already seen people (parents) arrested for paintball pistols locked in the trunk of thier vehicle. Since the mom couldnt produce a pistol permit, away she went. The big issue is how "overcharged" all parities concerned are in any state where 2a is heavily frowned upon.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    So, if Landsberry were allowed to carry in school, would he still be alive?

Rest in Peace, Sir.
    Who knows. Shooting a 12 year old kid isn't something that comes easily. If I had the stones to confront the kid like he did, I like to think I would have tried talking him down too. From what I read, the kids made like he was going to hand over the gun and surrender, and then shot Landsberry at close range. He probably saved quite a few kids that day, it's terrible that he had to lose his life in the process. The guy's a real hero.

Quote Originally Posted by shane45 View Post
    rsa, I respectfully disagree with what I percieve your point to be. I disagree because if LE widely held your perspective, we would have a lot of dead kids on the street holding super soakers because they might have been shotguns in disguise.
    I may not have been clear, the fact that he was 13 years old, the fact that he had what looked like it MAY be a toy means little given our environment today. If the child acts in a threatening manner, especially after failing to comply with instructions he isn't getting an opportunity to point the supposed toy at me. It's not weapons blazing at the sight of a toy gun.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

"Nevermind..some folks minds are already made up."
    Some folks act like ignorant morons...
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    It addition, this event occurred in an area where it is not uncommon for officers to seize real AK's at crime scenes.
    For those who think of Napa and Sonoma counties only as " the wine country" I will simply say assisting with gang suppression operations there was quite an eye opener. One of my fellow Agents was robbed at gunpoint and shot several years ago while working undercover in this area.

RSA, clarification recieved. With the addition of your discription I better understand your position.

Regards,
    Shane

User Tag List