Page 513 of 807 FirstFirst ... 13413463503511512513514515523563613 ... LastLast
Results 5,121 to 5,130 of 8069

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Sounds like the officer was being nice in letting the perp empty the truck of personal effects before being impounded:

Witness Charles Childress said the GMC pickup appeared to have been pulled over for some time before gunfire erupted.

Childress said he was driving to Sycamore Canyon Park with his dog when he saw the truck pulled over with the driver unloading property.

When Childress returned from the park about 10 or 20 minutes later, gunshots were ringing out.
    https://ktla.com/2019/08/12/large-la...-in-riverside/

be interesting to see if any relevant data as to why he did that comes out.
    was/is the rifle non-cali compliant?
    felon in possession of a rifle?
    why was the truck being impounded?

there's always more to the story on these, and sadly we'll probably never know the details.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

That just sucks.

RCMP officer shoots and kills driver of stolen vehicle in Truro

Cpl. Jennifer Clarke said the shooting happened at about 2:30 a.m. on Willow Street after an officer from the Bible Hill detachment attempted to stop a vehicle that had been reported stolen in Cumberland County. Clarke said the officer was standing outside his car when he was struck by the stolen vehicle. The officer then fired his service pistol at the vehicle, killing the lone occupant, a male. The victim died at the scene of the incident, said Clarke.
    https://www.thechronicleherald.ca/ne...-truro-340405/

The RCMP officer who pulled the trigger in Saturday’s fatal shooting in Truro is home and recovering from his injuries. SIRT director Felix Cacchione did say that the officer had been in a medically induced coma, but is now conscious. Bible Hill RCMP Const. Ben Goodwin is believed to be the officer involved. On Sunday, Marilyn King of Oxford posted that Goodwin was recovering in hospital. “Out of ICU, serious concussion, three brain bleeds repaired,” King said in her post. “No recollection of anything or why he was where he was. Knows he has a bald patch and complained he just wasted $24 the previous day for a haircut. That’s Ben! Pray for full recovery.” In a previous Facebook post she identified Goodwin as an RCMP officer and that he had been flown to a Halifax hospital. “Please pray for Ben, his girlfriend and new baby ... also for his family and fellow RCMP officers. Thank you.”
    https://www.thechronicleherald.ca/ne...tified-340804/

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    be interesting to see if any relevant data as to why he did that comes out.
    was/is the rifle non-cali compliant?
    felon in possession of a rifle?
    why was the truck being impounded?

Hard to see for sure, but it doesn't appear to be a current CA compliant configuration: semiauto rifle + pistol grip + standard capacity magazine. It could have been a legal configuration that was grandfathered & registered, but it couldn't have been registered to a someone with an attempted murder conviction.

Most likely reason for the impound is no driver's license, no insurance, or vehicle registration that is more than 6 months out of date. Anything more severe and the officer probably wouldn't have let the perp call his parents for a ride home and allow him to retrieve stuff from the truck while waiting for the tow. Also makes me wonder if the perp would have made his last stand if he wasn't barred from owning that rifle and facing prison time if it was discovered at impound.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    The officer then fired his service pistol at the vehicle, killing the lone occupant, a male. The victim died at the scene of the incident, said Clarke.
    I hate when newspapers conflate "perpetrator" and "victim."
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 08-13-2019 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    [video=youtube_share;T57BGClSagQ]

“He’s not a police officer, he is a human being”.

I'm hearing undocumented chatter from other sources that the dead meat bag in Cali is a convicted felon?
    If so, that's a "reason" for him going all Custard on the officers.
    Also provides interesting fodder for Cali's retarded laws being, well, retarded.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Haven’t seen this in the national news and don’t expect it to ever be in it. Local to me. ICE/Immigration office on about the 23rd floor received some new ventilation in their windows. Getting spicy out there.

https://www.ksat.com/news/fbi-invest...k-against-feds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    I'm hearing undocumented chatter from other sources that the dead meat bag in Cali is a convicted felon?
    If so, that's a "reason" for him going all Custard on the officers.
    Also provides interesting fodder for Cali's retarded laws being, well, retarded.
    He was a felon with a home built "ghost gun." His wife claims he called her while waiting for the tow truck and said he was afraid of going back to prison.

This may be an example of gun control costing lives. I know it is an unpopular view, but if this was 1965 he'd still have 2A rights and would have committed no crime outside the vehicle infraction - so he wouldn't be making that desperate choice between prison or last stand...

None of that excuses him for the murder of officer Moye, but it ought to be - and isn't - a consideration of policy makers setting harsh penalties for victimless crimes.
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 08-14-2019 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JM Campbell View Post
    Haven’t seen this in the national news and don’t expect it to ever be in it. Local to me. ICE/Immigration office on about the 23rd floor received some new ventilation in their windows. Getting spicy out there.

https://www.ksat.com/news/fbi-invest...k-against-feds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I'm local too. Wonder how long it will take the FBI to solve this one?

User Tag List