Page 497 of 807 FirstFirst ... 397447487495496497498499507547597 ... LastLast
Results 4,961 to 4,970 of 8062

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

I'm gonna need some reasoning on wendell's item.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    Riot avoidance?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Perp's resistance did not rise to the level of lethal threat?

Site Supporter
    Another case of grabbing the gun thinking it was a Taser. You can hear her saying “Taser, Taser, Taser” right before she shouts him. You can also hear the panic in her voice. Another example of emotional control or lack there of.

Speaking of, the suspect definitely fails the attitude test.
    Last edited by HCM; 03-27-2019 at 10:06 AM.

Site Supporter
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/florida-sp..._headlines_hed

Interesting to watch some of the responses. Who fights, who stays in place being submissive even during the brawl. Note there was an accomplice but seems unarmed.

Site Supporter
    https://www.policeone.com/officer-sh...blue-shooting/

La. officer wounded in blue-on-blue shootingAn undercover drug sting led to a blue-on-blue shooting that wounded an investigator and killed two men

JEFFERSON PARISH, La. — Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office detectives carrying out an undercover drug sting in Terrytown shot two men to death and wounded an investigator with friendly fire when one of the slain men backed a car into a deputy late Wednesday, according to authorities.

The violence unfolded in the parking lot outside an IHOP restaurant near the corner of Terry Parkway and Westbank Expressway about 10:20 p.m., where narcotics detectives had arranged to buy drugs from an alleged dealer they were led to by a confidential informant, Sheriff Joe Lopinto said during a news briefing early Thursday morning.

In plainclothes and in unmarked pickup trucks, at least four deputies converged on the silver car in which the target of the sting arrived to the parking lot, Lopinto said. Lopinto said the driver of that car then put the vehicle in reverse and struck a deputy, prompting two other detectives to fire their service weapons in their own defense.

Lopinto said bullets hit the driver, the passenger and a fourth deputy standing on the passenger side of the car, the windows of which were shot out.

According to Lopinto, the driver died on scene while the passenger died from his wounds at University Medical Center in New Orleans.

The shot deputy, who was hit in the abdomen, hopped in one of his colleague’s cruisers and took a ride to University Medical Center as well, where he underwent emergency surgery and was listed in critical – but stable – condition, Lopinto said.
    Last edited by HCM; 03-28-2019 at 10:51 AM.

Site Supporter
    https://www.policeone.com/officer-sh...Gi-ZnoIGToakVM

2 Calif. officers shot after confronting man with swordThe officers were wounded in a shootout after responding to reports of a man with a sword entering a church

INGLEWOOD, Calif. — Two officers were wounded and a suspect was killed during a shootout after police responded Wednesday to reports of a man with a sword entering the Church of Scientology in Inglewood, California, authorities said.

The suspect was shot in the head and died at a hospital, Inglewood police Lt. Oscar Mejia told reporters at the scene. He was not immediately identified.

Gunfire erupted around 3:30 p.m. inside the front entrance of the church after police approached the man, who was wearing a hooded sweat shirt and wielding the sword, officials said.

One officer was struck in a hand, and the other was hit in an arm, officials said. They were hospitalized in good condition with non-life-threatening injuries, police Chief Mark Fronterotta said. Both officers are in their late 20s, the chief said.
    Last edited by HCM; 03-28-2019 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    https://www.policeone.com/officer-sh...Gi-ZnoIGToakVM

2 Calif. officers shot after confronting man with swordThe officers were wounded in a shootout after responding to reports of a man with a sword entering a church
    I'd love to see the analysis on this one. Circular firing squad?
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/florida-sp..._headlines_hed

Interesting to watch some of the responses. Who fights, who stays in place being submissive even during the brawl. Note there was an accomplice but seems unarmed.
    OK, I've got a question for the LEOs on the board. At the end of the news segment, the TV host says something to the effect of: "Although this worked out well for the cousins, law enforcement officials tell us that you shouldn't confront an armed robber. Tell them you'll cooperate and give them whatever they want." In my experience, law enforcement personnel do not make this statement, but instead say something like: "I can't tell you what to do. There are too many variables. It's a judgment call."

So, my question(s). Does your agency have a position on how to react to armed robbery. Who are the "law enforcement officials" telling media reporters that submission is always the best option?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    I'd love to see the analysis on this one. Circular firing squad?
    They did say if the suspect had a gun as well, or even if he actually had a sword. A friend of mine was killed by friendly fire after being mistaken for the “gunman” responding to a reported shooting which was actually a stabbing.

Besides, Por que no Los dos ?

Name:  FCE37921-4151-457B-868F-91D27B769C69.jpeg
Views: 351
Size:  57.4 KB
    Last edited by HCM; 03-28-2019 at 01:15 PM.

User Tag List