Page 495 of 807 FirstFirst ... 395445485493494495496497505545595 ... LastLast
Results 4,941 to 4,950 of 8062

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Site Supporter
    Police chief interview for the story above:

https://foxsanantonio.com/news/local...hopping-center

McManus said she had an Uzi tucked into the back of her pants with an extended magazine. He referred to it as a machine gun. She was distraught and waving her fists in the air. She reached for the gun when interacting with the sergeant.

Personal info - in that plaza, there is a donut shop - Duck Donuts that I mentioned in a previous thread where we were discussing donuts. My kid worked in the Wells Fargo bank there, a few years ago. Last there's a good Korean restaurant - Sushi Express in that plaza. Make a good pork bun and sizzling spicy squid.

So I know that place pretty well. Used to live down the cross street before we built our house. It's a pretty nice area.

Site Supporter
    I didn't get a clear look at the gun from the TV clips but it looked like a Mac-10 pattern has compared to an Uzi. News and police still calling it an Uzi machine gun. Could be wrong, but it didn't have the curved aspects of an Uzi and seemed more box like.

"McManus said when the sergeant approached the woman and gave her commands, the woman turned around and pulled out the Uzi.
    The unidentified woman was then shot multiple times to her upper and lower torso. She was pronounced dead at the scene, McManus said."

Man, do I like reading that sooo much better than 47 shots fired, two bystanders hit and suspect in custody. Kudos Sgt McManus.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    "McManus said when the sergeant approached the woman and gave her commands, the woman turned around and pulled out the Uzi.
    The unidentified woman was then shot multiple times to her upper and lower torso. She was pronounced dead at the scene, McManus said."

Man, do I like reading that sooo much better than 47 shots fired, two bystanders hit and suspect in custody. Kudos Sgt McManus.
    McManus is the Chief of Police. The Sgt is not named.

Don't try to confuse me with facts, who're you gonna believe; me or your own eyes?

This smells like bullshit: https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ental-shooting

Carters' mother, Cindy McClellan, told Fox News her son was filming a music video in Houston, Texas, on Saturday when a gun in his pocket "went off and caught my son in the corner of his eye."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    I read that earlier today and had similar thoughts.
    It would be fairly Darwinian to put a loaded gun in your pocket with the business end pointed up.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Yeah the headlines keep saying it was and accidental shooting during a music video, but when you read the details he took the gun home after the video shoot and later wound up with a self inflicted gunshot wound to the head.

But guns are evil so it must have gone off all by itself.
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 03-21-2019 at 09:25 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    https://www.ksat.com/news/sapd-inves...tys-north-side

SAPD: Police sergeant shoots, kills woman after pointing Uzi at him
    Officer-involved shooting happened at Huebner Commons shopping center
    https://news4sanantonio.com/news/loc...cer-identified

According to the same report, police said they later determined the gun in Westall's possession was a "non-functional replica of a handheld submachine gun."

Site Supporter
    Thought it wasn't an Uzi. That really doesn't matter though, if it looked like a real gun. Suicidal motivation?

User Tag List