Page 477 of 807 FirstFirst ... 377427467475476477478479487527577 ... LastLast
Results 4,761 to 4,770 of 8062

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    True, but maybe we should give a shout out for natural selection.
    Too bad nature's not more selective, and effective at her removal techniquies.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    And....just how long have you been having these 'flashbacks?'
    You trying to get my license revoked?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    You trying to get my license revoked?
    Well hell yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by David C. View Post
    Texas teen shot herself in foot with stolen AK47

https://thepolicereporter.com/2018/1...edium=facebook
    The girl was trying to stick the bulky gun in her pants when it went off, Herman said in his statement.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    Teen surrenders to CHL holder after allegedly throwing rock during road rage fight

Oliveira and the four other suspects confronted him and one of them tossed a "large rock" through his driver's window, striking him in the head, authorities said.

The victim, a concealed handgun license holder, then started shooting at the suspects. Police don't believe he struck any of them, but Oliveira surrendered to him at the scene. The victim held him at gunpoint until police arrived, officials said.

The other four suspects fled the scene and two were later found.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Police kill Man With Gun after a dispute and shooting at mall.
    Unfortunately the man was not the shooter, who is still at large.
    He is black, so it is now all race, police kill black guy with CCW.

https://www.al.com/expo/news/erry-20...hooting-w.html
    So here is the rest of the story:

EJ was the suspect shot by police. He was not the shooter but he was the shooters “crime partner” and part of the assault on the victim.

OIS in Hoover Alabama, in which HPD has been accused by the public and media of shooting a black veteran solely for being a black guy with a gun. Protestors have been holding the city hostage since thanksgiving. This is a discussion in which people that know everyone involved tell what they say really happened and why protesting is stupid. Here is the condensed version of their claims:
    • EJ was not a soldier. He was thrown out of the army during basic training over gang affiliation. Note: This is irrelevant with regard to the justification of shooting him, but a major point of the protestors. They also claim that EJ was dishonorably discharged, which means he cannot legally own or possess a firearm, if true.
    • EJ’s father was not a retired Birmingham Police Officer or correctional officer as he claimed.. He was a cook in the jail who was fired for having sex with inmates. Again, not relevant but a major point of emphasis of protestors.
    • EJ was friends with the guy who was shot. They jumped Erron, the actual shooter, over an existing beef unrelated to anything at the mall. Erron shot in self-defense. They also claim that EJ and the guy who was shot did a drive by on Erron’s house earlier in the day.
    • EJ had his gun out and in his hand when confronted by HPD.
    • HPD ordered him to drop the gun, but he instead turned and began running back toward the crowd, which is why he was shot in the back.
    • EJ’s parents have stopped participating in the protests after being shown the body cam video of the shooting, and other evidence.
    Keep in mind that all of this happened in fractions of a second for the HPD officer who shot him. He heard multiple gunshots in the most crowded place in Alabama. Thousands of people were running past him as he fought his way to get to the shooter who he reasonably believed was shooting up the mall. He sees a twelve year old girl and a guy already shot and a dude holding a gun. He tells the guy to drop it but the guy turns and begins to run back toward the crowd.
    In that moment, maybe a quarter to a half a second, he has to decide if he should shoot and potentially kill a man who he reasonably believes to be the shooter, or let that man run toward a crowd of more people and potentially wound or kill more of them.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    So here is the rest of the story:
    What's the source of this? It could all be true, but I'm initially skeptical given there are verifiable details here that appear to not have been verified, such as the type of discharge.

Aye. I have a friend who is on the "black man shot, bad!" bandwagon with this one, and would like to help set the record straight for him.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    What's the source of this? It could all be true, but I'm initially skeptical given there are verifiable details here that appear to not have been verified, such as the type of discharge.
    LE sources and people in the community who know the family.

As noted the family and their attorney have dis-associated themselves from the protests since being shown the body cam footage.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    Aye. I have a friend who is on the "black man shot, bad!" bandwagon with this one, and would like to help set the record straight for him.
    This one and the one in MN are the two such people like to cite.

In the MN case, the deceased was stopped on a pretext traffic violation because he matched the description of the suspect in a recent armed robbery. The officers claim about the real reason for the stop (armed robbery suspect, not traffic offense t) was documented on radio / dispatch recordings prior to the stop.

Now, we don’t know for sure if he was the robber, but he does look enough like the robber in store security video to make sopping him reasonable and he happened to have the exact same type of handgun the robber is seen with in the security video.

A case which seems to be more a problematic police shooting of a legally armed black man is the case of Jemel Robinson, a security guard shot by responding officers in IL rafter he stopped a bar shooting. There are still a lot of questions and contradictory statements by witnesses but even worst case it was a mix of mistake of fact on the part of the office and /or Robinson failing to respond to verbal commands similar to several police officers shot by other respond8ng officers.
    Last edited by HCM; 12-15-2018 at 07:16 PM.

User Tag List