Page 467 of 807 FirstFirst ... 367417457465466467468469477517567 ... LastLast
Results 4,661 to 4,670 of 8062

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Insider attack in Kanharhar, top US general in Afghanistan uninjured

https://www.stripes.com/news/top-us-...neral-1.552355

A bodyguard for the Governor of Kandarhar opened fire at the end of a meeting between the Kandarhar Provincial leadership and GEN Austin Miller, commander of US forces in Afghanistan. The chiefs of police and intelligence in the province were killed, the Governor is rumored to have died. Two US personnel were injured including at least one from the general's PSD. GEN Miller is reportedly unhurt, Reuters reported that his body armor stopped a projectile, though I have not seen that in other stories on the incident. Miller is a long time SOF hand with time in the Ranger Regiment, SFOD-D commanding at the Troop and Squadron levelamong other jobs and as JSOC CDR. He was present in Somalia for Operation Gothic Serpent.

Mass Shooting at College in Crimea

http://englishrussia.com/2018/10/17/...photos-videos/

So do the Democrats send thoughts and prayers to the Russians or would that just be awkward?

Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    http://englishrussia.com/2018/10/17/...photos-videos/

So do the Democrats send thoughts and prayers to the Russians or would that just be awkward?
    No, but a democrat might point out that while there isn't a right to keep and bear arms culture in Russia like we have, Russia does have a gun culture much stronger than say the UK and low and behold there is a large mass shooting, which tends (yes I know, exceptions) to have a higher fatality count than say stabbings.

I don't believe in gun control, and I sure as hell am not a Democrat, but many of these overseas incidents are simply not a clear slam dunk for firearms rights either, its more complicated. Similarly, the anti-gunners love to talk about Australian gun laws, but when they redefined mass shootings to require fewer victims to be a "mass shooting" they opened the aperture wide enough to have more than a few "mass shootings" in Australia since Port Arthur when their favorite talking point is "none since Port Arthur restrictions."

“Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by Chemsoldier View Post
    https://www.stripes.com/news/top-us-...neral-1.552355

A bodyguard for the Governor of Kandarhar opened fire at the end of a meeting between the Kandarhar Provincial leadership and GEN Austin Miller, commander of US forces in Afghanistan. The chiefs of police and intelligence in the province were killed, the Governor is rumored to have died. Two US personnel were injured including at least one from the general's PSD. GEN Miller is reportedly unhurt, Reuters reported that his body armor stopped a projectile, though I have not seen that in other stories on the incident. Miller is a long time SOF hand with time in the Ranger Regiment, SFOD-D commanding at the Troop and Squadron levelamong other jobs and as JSOC CDR. He was present in Somalia for Operation Gothic Serpent.
    Green on blue at a very high level. Glad the General survived. I hope the two injured US service members are going to be OK.

Very fortunate for the trooper(s). But it does seem (from afar) that the pat down was less than stellar under the circumstances.

That said, I'll happily take the victory for the good guys.

A spate of OIS' in GA, SC, NC recently.

Be careful out there.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    https://www.ksat.com/news/sapd-inves...his-own-weapon

SAPD: Teen accidentally killed when officer fires at armed man
    House where shooting occurred is 'known drug house,' police say

SAN ANTONIO - Hours after an 18-year-old was fatally shot by a San Antonio police officer, Police Chief William McManus now says the teen wasn't armed, contrary to earlier reports that he had a gun in his waistband.

McManus said an officer was dispatched to a "known drug house" in the 200 block of Roberts Street around 1 a.m. regarding an assault.
    The officer called for backup, as the house was known to authorities who had been called to the home more than 50 times since Jan. 1, McManus said.

When backup arrived, the officers approached the home and saw the door was open. Police made contact with a 24-year-old man who was sitting on a couch inside the home, McManus said.

According to the chief, the 24-year-old, who has not been identified, immediately stood up and began walking away from the officer while reaching for a gun in his waistband.The officer saw this and shot the man several times.

The 24-year-old survived, but 18-year-old Charles Roundtree, who was sitting in the line of fire, was accidentally struck by at least one bullet that had passed through the 24-year-old. Roundtree died at the scene.
    Police said a "very large pit bull who was threatening officers in the street" was also fatally shot.
    Last edited by HCM; 10-18-2018 at 04:24 PM.

The 24-year-old survived, but 18-year-old Charles Roundtree, who was sitting in the line of fire, was accidentally struck by at least one bullet that had passed through the 24-year-old. Roundtree died at the scene.
    Does that qualify as an example of the "stupid" trinity?
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    Not a shooting, but I didn't want to start a new thread for this...

Watch the video at the link... Funny stuff!

'Giant' spider creepily crawls toward Texas cop during traffic stop, dashcam video shows
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Florida shopowner/commissioner was charged with murder.

“At no time did the victim appear to have made any threatening movements toward the suspect,” Pough wrote.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-c...claim-rejected

User Tag List