Page 464 of 807 FirstFirst ... 364414454462463464465466474514564 ... LastLast
Results 4,631 to 4,640 of 8067

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

On the lighter side

I couldn't resist. I've never heard of anything like this before. Anyone ever tasered a cow?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/arizona-d...224237067.html

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    This happened a few years ago near there. A trail I've hiked many times myself.

https://www.heraldnet.com/news/teen-...hooting-trial/

Oak Harbor is the same general corner of the country. Pretty derned close to Sherman's old stomping grounds, if I recall correctly.
    Oak Harbor and Sauk Mountain are about a hour and half drive apart. I know the family of the boy that shot the hiker.

Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    Target shooters with an unsafe backstop kill a Utah boy who was traveling on the road in a vehicle.
    Awful...

“The individual involved as well as witnesses stated that they did not know there was a road down range and could not see the vehicle as it traveled on the road due to thick brush and trees,” Sheriff Dale Stacey wrote
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-range-n912926

Hopkins said the family’s initial anger has turned into understanding that this was an unfortunate, tragic accident. They hope gun owners see this tragedy as an example to never be reckless with a firearm.

“Know where that bullet is going to be when it leaves the barrel of the gun, where its going to end up,” Hopkins said. “None of this would have happened if they had.”

https://fox13now.com/2018/09/24/sher...-year-old-boy/
    Very sad.

Site Supporter
    Good Samaritan shot, killed after chasing hit-and-run driver in Chicago

A man who friends said had just beaten cancer and was looking for a fresh start was shot and killed in a drive-by attack early Tuesday after he chased down a driver who struck a bicyclist and drove off on Chicago's South Side, officials said.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

R.I.P. to the Samaritan.

I once made a similar mistake under slightly different circumstances...with a clearly different outcome, (I was in my early twenties), and the NYPD upon responding asked if I was out of my mind.

They drove me home rather than leave me alone on the streets where I was clearly too stupid to realize what a danger I was to myself in the neighborhood I was in.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Jury acquits NH man in dog-shooting case

A jury on Thursday found Robert Vose of Rye not guilty of a charge alleging he acted recklessly when he twice shot a 100-pound Alaskan malamute, which had his 7-pound Pomeranian dog in its mouth, “mauling” it. Thursday’s verdict was announced about 20 minutes after the jury was given the case. It followed testimony from Vose, 62, and firearms expert George Harris, then closing arguments from defense attorney Jerome Blanchard and county prosecutor Megan MacKenzie. Harris, president and CEO of International Firearms Consultants, who said he helped start and write the firearms curriculum for the Sig Sauer Academy. Harris testified he was familiar with the training associated with Vose’s profession, which entails neutralizing threats on airplanes with minimal collateral damage. He said it requires situational awareness, fast decision-making and it “all comes down to the training.” Blanchard said Rye police never collected a second bullet and he highlighted Vose’s training to “neutralize anything that comes through a cockpit door,” with close-quarters shooting. “Rob is trained in live-or-die situations, at twice the speed of sound,” he said. “Some people are good under stress, others aren’t. Rob is not a reckless person, no one was placed in danger.”
    https://bangordailynews.com/2018/09/...shooting-case/

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    A jury on Thursday found Robert Vose of Rye not guilty of a charge alleging he acted recklessly when he twice shot a 100-pound Alaskan malamute, which had his 7-pound Pomeranian dog in its mouth, “mauling” it. Thursday’s verdict was announced about 20 minutes after the jury was given the case. It followed testimony from Vose, 62, and firearms expert George Harris, then closing arguments from defense attorney Jerome Blanchard and county prosecutor Megan MacKenzie. Harris, president and CEO of International Firearms Consultants, who said he helped start and write the firearms curriculum for the Sig Sauer Academy. Harris testified he was familiar with the training associated with Vose’s profession, which entails neutralizing threats on airplanes with minimal collateral damage. He said it requires situational awareness, fast decision-making and it “all comes down to the training.” Blanchard said Rye police never collected a second bullet and he highlighted Vose’s training to “neutralize anything that comes through a cockpit door,” with close-quarters shooting. “Rob is trained in live-or-die situations, at twice the speed of sound,” he said. “Some people are good under stress, others aren’t. Rob is not a reckless person, no one was placed in danger.”
    The thought might have crossed my mind to accidentally shoot the Pomeranian and keep the Malamute.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    You missed the more relevant facts:

n his closing argument, Blanchard told the jury Rye police made a rush to judgement by arresting Vose, after only interviewing Birse and not witness Kelly Halldorson, who testified Birse was a distance away when Jah was shot. Birse testified she was on top of Jah at the time of the shooting with her head just 12 inches away from Jah’s, but Halldorson, Vose and his wife testified she was some distance away.
    And

Blanchard told the jury Birse’s story did not make sense, did not match physical evidence and the criminal case was important to her because she intends to sue Vose civilly. He said evidence was tainted at the scene, including one of the shell casings near Jah’s head being moved and a leash placed on Jah’s collar after the shooting.
    Also given the facts in the article is is most likely the defendant isa commercial pilot in the Federal Flight Deck Officer program not an Air Marshal.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Guy with a knife tries to carjack someone, tries to steal a gun from Walmart but was only able to steal some ammo, then gets smoked in the parking lot. Good job Oak Harbor PD.
    https://q13fox.com/2018/09/23/man-sh...ource=facebook
    Correction: Island County Sheriffs deputy. (Although Oak Harbor PD was there.)
    (Considering the venue, some Marine MPs and/or Navy MAs may have been there, too, although only if the PX was out of beer.)
    (I believe my late father in law did a stint as an MA at Whidbey NAS.)
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter

Officers shoot dogs attacking 9yo boy in Arizona

User Tag List