Page 438 of 807 FirstFirst ... 338388428436437438439440448488538 ... LastLast
Results 4,371 to 4,380 of 8063

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Apparently shooter had filed a lawsuit against the paper for defamation which was thrown out. He also stalked some women from his high school after he reached out to her on Facebook. Apparently his Twitter feed is nonstop railing against this paper. Reminds me alot of teh YouTube shooter, actually.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Yup. If the google was showing his actual twatter feed, this guy should have been in a padded cell. Making repeated and clear threats of violence against people should not be tolerated. But in all fairness our mental health system is so broken that I am no sure what could have been done. This is also Maryland where room to destroy has a place, so there is that.

Sad state of affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Yup. If the google was showing his actual twatter feed, this guy should have been in a padded cell. Making repeated and clear threats of violence against people should not be tolerated. But in all fairness our mental health system is so broken that I am no sure what could have been done. This is also Maryland where room to destroy has a place, so there is that.

Sad state of affairs.
    What do you mean by room to destroy?

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    What do you mean by room to destroy?
    Mayor Stephanie Rawlings.
    Last edited by Drang; 06-28-2018 at 09:46 PM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Oh yes. I remember that.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

I find it interesting that in the five separate stories I read this morning on the crime, there is not one single mention of the exact weapon used or and interview with the gun control fools. A reference that the killer used a shotgun, nothing more.

I guess if you used a plain old shotgun for your mass murder it "does not fit the template" for the media types and gun grabbers.

This one hits really close to home.... I'm from Annapolis and one of the victims, Wendi Winters, is a family friend, Got to know her when her 4 children were in my dads NJROTC unit that he taught at Annapolis High School, The oldest was a freshman the year I graduated. Three of the four went on to attend the Naval Academy and are currently serving Officers, the fourth is on that path as well. Her whole family made time to come to my dads funeral at Arlington last year. My mom is taking this pretty hard as they were friends as well.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    I find it interesting that in the five separate stories I read this morning on the crime, there is not one single mention of the exact weapon used or and interview with the gun control fools. A reference that the killer used a shotgun, nothing more.

I guess if you used a plain old shotgun for your mass murder it "does not fit the template" for the media types and gun grabbers.
    Yeah, and the networks that promise not to provide the name of offenders to squash their attempt at notoriety, couldn't wait to get his name out there...and to broadcast graphic eyewitness accounts because...ratings. They're all so full of crap when it comes to what they say they will do, and what they actually do.

Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    This one hits really close to home.... I'm from Annapolis and one of the victims, Wendi Winters, is a family friend, Got to know her when her 4 children were in my dads NJROTC unit that he taught at Annapolis High School, The oldest was a freshman the year I graduated. Three of the four went on to attend the Naval Academy and are currently serving Officers, the fourth is on that path as well. Her whole family made time to come to my dads funeral at Arlington last year. My mom is taking this pretty hard as they were friends as well.
    My condolences, brother. I wish I could offer more.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Ontario homeowner acquitted in shooting death of Indigenous man

A Hamilton jury has found Peter Khill not guilty of murdering Jon Styres, a First Nations man from Ohsweken, Ont., who was trying to steal his truck. A 12-person jury reached its verdict Wednesday morning after deliberations started Tuesday afternoon. The 28-year-old man admitted he fired the two, close-range shotgun blasts that killed 29-year-old Styres in Khill's suburban Hamilton driveway on the night of Feb. 4, 2016. Khill pleaded not guilty to a charge of second-degree murder, based on self-defence, with his lawyer arguing the shooting was "justified" because he believed Styres had a gun and he feared for his life. Khill told court that at the sight of those lights his military background kicked in and he grabbed a 12 gauge shotgun from his bedroom closet, loaded it with two shells and headed outside to "confront and detain" whoever was out there. He ran through a breezeway between his house and garage, opened the door and came up behind Styres, who he testified was leaning over the passenger-side seat. "Hey, hands up!" he shouted at Styres. Khill told a 911 operator that night that Styres had turned toward him with his hands sweeping up to "gun-height." Prosecutors did not deny that Styres was trying to steal Khill's truck on the night of the shooting. The Crown's position was that Khill was not acting in self-defence and that instead of calling the police and staying safe in his home when he realized his truck was being broken into, he "took the law into his own hands." "It is inexcusable that he did not call 911," said the Crown, in its closing statement, suggesting also it was Khill's shouted instructions that caused Styres to jump in surprise, which was enough motion for the man with the gun to feel frightened and open fire.
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...lton-1.4723854

Khill admitted to shooting and killing Styres but said he did so because he felt his own life was threatened. Khill testified that when he confronted him, Styres quickly brought his hands up to “gun height,” causing Khill — a former military reservist — to believe he was armed with a gun. The trial heard Khill say his military training kicked in and he did a “double-tap” on the trigger to “neutralize the threat.” Styres did not have a gun.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...enous-man.html

A Hamilton-area man was acquitted Wednesday in the shooting death of an Indigenous man who broke into his truck. Defence lawyer Jeffrey Manishen says he explained to the jury how Peter Khill was following his training as a military reservist.
    https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...ndigenous-man/

Site Supporter
    https://www.kgw.com/mobile/article/n.../283-569090275

MAN WHOSE GUN FELL OUT OF HOLSTER SHOT DEAD BY PORTLAND STATE POLICE: WITNESS
    A man involved in a fight was shot and killed by Portland State University police after a gun reportedly fell out of his holster.

Portland police spokesman Sgt. Chris Burley explained there had been a disturbance near Southwest College Street and Broadway, where a large group of people were milling around on the street.

Several people who had just come out of the nearby Cheerful Tortoise bar moments after the shooting described the scene as "chaotic."

Witness Keyaira Smith told KGW that a fight had broken out outside the bar and campus officers at first stood by and watched.

The man who died tried to intervene and de-escalate the fight, which involved a friend of his. While doing this, a gun holstered on his hip fell out. He went to pick it up and shots rang out, Smith said.
    Last edited by HCM; 06-29-2018 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Oh, no, some of the bright lights on the Left are bleating things like "a shotgun is a reverse funnel that doesn't need to be aimed."
    Yep. "Reverse funnel". That's a quote from a Tweet that @Tamara responded to. Far more civilly than I would have, my response would have been along the lines of "Holy crap, you're stupid."
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List