Page 435 of 806 FirstFirst ... 335385425433434435436437445485535 ... LastLast
Results 4,341 to 4,350 of 8059

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Man who shot gunman at Louie's says he's no hero

Bryan Whittle doesn't think of himself as a hero for stopping the gunman outside Louie's Grill & Bar at Lake Hefner last Thursday. Whittle and another armed civilian confronted and fired on the gunman Thursday evening minutes after he shot a woman and two girls from outside the popular restaurant, police said. The gunman was killed after he raised his weapon and fired again, police and eyewitnesses said. "I just reacted," Whittle, 39, said. "I just did it. I wasn't thinking about anything other than I had to stop this guy and I'm not going to die here."
    https://newsok.com/article/5596134/m...ys-hes-no-hero

Police: Knife-Wielding Man Shot By Store Clerk While Attacking Customer

Witnesses said 26-year-old Juan Ahorrio went up behind one of two female customers in the store and put his arm around her neck while holding the knife. The clerk pulled out his gun, and the customer fell to the ground. With the customer safely out of the way, the clerk shot the suspect three times. Ahorrio dropped the knife and ran, police say. The clerk chased him and ordered him to the ground before running back to check on customers. The clerk and the customers escaped injury. Police confiscated the clerk’s weapon and license to carry while the investigation is completed. Ahorrio was charged with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, assault with a dangerous weapon, and armed assault with the intent to rob. He was booked at the hospital and will be arraigned when released.
    http://boston.cbslocal.com/2018/05/2...shoots-robber/

Wonder how long that process is before the clerk gets their gun and permission slip back.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    A pregnant pizza driver was being beaten with a rifle by two teens in southwest Atlanta on Wednesday night when a nearby resident, who owned a gun, saw the incident and sprang into action,
    Gun owner saves pregnant pizza driver from beating, robbery
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/24...ping-trip.html

Scientist shot dead in front of daughters, 2 and 4, during California camping trip

Two young girls, 2 and 4, witnessed in horror as their father was shot and killed while on a camping trip in Southern California, according to reports.
    Last edited by HCM; 06-24-2018 at 08:46 PM.

Site Supporter
    Hartford woman shot and killed man attempting to break into home

when the individual began to gain entry into the home, the woman got a shotgun and fired through the door sticking[sic] and killing the man.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Shooting incidents in the news.

Removed, non meme thread. Trying not to give, "shit mods" more work.
    Last edited by Mike C; 06-25-2018 at 09:12 PM.

Child finds gun in sofa - and then fires shot - inside 'gun-free' IKEA store

Police say a child fired a shot from a loaded handgun after finding it in a sofa at an IKEA store in suburban Indianapolis. Fishers police say no one was injured from the gunshot about 2 p.m. Monday at the furniture store along Interstate 69 just northeast of Indianapolis, Indiana. Fishers Police Sgt. Tom Weger says the handgun’s owner wasn’t aware the weapon dropped from his pants when he sat on the sofa. The child later found the gun in the sofa cushions. The child’s age wasn’t released. Weger says no arrests were immediately made and that the Hamilton County prosecutor’s office would decide whether to file any criminal charges. Ikea said in a statement it has a no-weapons policy for its stores and that it was cooperating with police.
    https://nypost.com/2018/06/25/child-...-inside-store/
    Last edited by Wendell; 06-25-2018 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    Police say a child fired a shot from a loaded handgun after finding it in a sofa at an IKEA store in suburban Indianapolis. Fishers police say no one was injured from the gunshot about 2 p.m. Monday at the furniture store along Interstate 69 just northeast of Indianapolis, Indiana. Fishers Police Sgt. Tom Weger says the handgun’s owner wasn’t aware the weapon dropped from his pants when he sat on the sofa. The child later found the gun in the sofa cushions. The child’s age wasn’t released. Weger says no arrests were immediately made and that the Hamilton County prosecutor’s office would decide whether to file any criminal charges. Ikea said in a statement it has a no-weapons policy for its stores and that it was cooperating with police.
    https://nypost.com/2018/06/25/child-...-inside-store/
    Sounds like the Uncle Mike's sausage sack strikes again.
    Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer.

Hammertime
    “Fire Capt. Dave Rosa, 45, was fatally shot while investigating reports of an explosion and the smell of gasoline inside the Covenant Manor senior care facility about 4 a.m.”

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...625-story.html

This and the Malibu Creek shooting really have me shaking my head at humanity.

User Tag List