Page 415 of 807 FirstFirst ... 315365405413414415416417425465515 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,150 of 8061

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    The two Regions Security guards were in the middle of a shift change on Dec. 3 at the plant, 3441 Hollywood Boulevard, Hollywood, Florida, when they apparently got into a tussle over how a gate was locked, a police report said. When police arrived, Wilner Duce, 49, was on the ground claiming “he shot me, he shot me” as Andres Aviles, 26, holstered his 9 mm Glock. Aviles put his hands in the air and told police: “He just accosted me, he was assaulting me … and it’s all on video.” Although there was closed-circuit TV, no footage could be accessed. Duce, who lay on the ground bleeding, was also armed. His 9 mm Taurus was snapped into a holster. The safety was on and there was no bullet in the chamber, the police report said. Aviles told police he drew his gun for protection after Duce punched the gate door and caused it to hit Aviles in the chest. Aviles said he followed Duce and while struggling to disarm him, the shot was fired, according to the report. Aviles was not immediately arrested. Sometime after giving a statement to police, he drove to Mexico. From there he flew to San Salvador, where he was detained while trying to travel on to Nicaragua, Miranda Grossman, a spokeswoman for the Hollywood Police Department said.
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/br...122-story.html
    The Clash certainly foresaw this scenario..."should I stay or should I go?"
    There's nothing civil about this war.

[I]Duce, who lay on the ground bleeding, was also armed. His 9 mm Taurus was snapped into a holster. The safety was on and there was no bullet in the chamber, the police report said
    No trigger lock?
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    No trigger lock?
    Taurus. No need.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Taurus. No need.
    Glad someone finally said something. LOL!
    There's nothing civil about this war.

No charges for employee who killed would-be robber at restaurant

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — An employee killed a suspect during a robbery attempt at Sing Lay in the 2600 block of Frayser Boulevard, police say. According to the report, the employee shot the suspect while he was in the process of robbing the Chinese restaurant Monday night. One man was pronounced dead at the scene. The employee acted in self-defense and will not be charged, Memphis Police said Tuesday morning.
    http://wreg.com/2018/01/22/employee-...mpted-robbery/

Site Supporter

Fun loving, gun hating Buddhist Shoot

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.68db467a6a7b

Whether the shooting was justified isn't my role to determine. However, the sheer stupidity of folks to leave accident scenes and flee from the law enforcement officers is just incomprehensible on rational analyses.

Site Supporter
    http://www.kens5.com/news/local/lice...-car/510909702

Licensed handgun owner shoots man breaking into his car

SAN ANTONIO - Police say a licensed handgun owner shot a man seen breaking into his car and making threats.
    Police say the man left his car unlocked while he went back into his apartment to get something he had forgotten. When he returned to his car, he found two men in the vehicle.

They got into an argument and the car’s owner pulled out a gun from his jacket, according to the police report. The man has a license to carry. The man told police one of the men breaking into his car began to walk away but started making threats, saying he knew where the other man lived and the car he drove.
    The car’s owner then fired twice at the man making threats, hitting him in the calf. The two suspects took off on foot, but were caught by officers a short distance away.

The man who was shot was taken to the hospital and the other suspect was detained by police. No word on what charges they may face.
    Last edited by HCM; 01-24-2018 at 04:48 PM.

Man shot, killed, attempting to carjack family of 5 in Las Vegas

A driver of a red Dodge SUV flagged down the pickup to say someone was hanging on to the truck. The pickup stopped, the victim let go and pickup left the scene. The victim then attempted to get into the Dodge SUV while two adults and three children inside the vehicle tried to prevent him from getting in. At some point, the driver took out a gun and started to hit the victim over the head. When that didn't work the driver fired two shots into the victim to stop him. The victim was transported to the hospital where he later died. The five people in the SUV remained at the scene and cooperated with police officers. The incident is being considered as self-defense and no arrests have been made.

https://www.ktnv.com/news/crime/man-...alexander-lamb

At some point, the driver took out a gun and started to hit the victim over the head.
    When that didn't work the driver fired two shots into the victim to stop him.

A driver of a red Dodge SUV flagged down the pickup to say someone was hanging on to the truck. The pickup stopped, the victim let go and pickup left the scene. The victim then attempted to get into the Dodge SUV while two adults and three children inside the vehicle tried to prevent him from getting in. At some point, the driver took out a gun and started to hit the victim over the head. When that didn't work the driver fired two shots into the victim to stop him. The victim was transported to the hospital where he later died. The five people in the SUV remained at the scene and cooperated with police officers. The incident is being considered as self-defense and no arrests have been made.

https://www.ktnv.com/news/crime/man-...alexander-lamb
    Pssssst.....just FYI, sounds like that is a suspect and not a victim. Fricking “news”....
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

This incident was here in Pensacola on Monday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O62ixJsa59g

I travel that intersection fairly regularly. I don't know what I'd do if I were the guy in the pickup truck. I'm not sure I would have realized it was happening, while it was happening. I might have said, "wait, were those guys just shooting at each other, here in the middle of the street?"
    Last edited by JTQ; 01-25-2018 at 02:22 PM.

User Tag List