Page 413 of 807 FirstFirst ... 313363403411412413414415423463513 ... LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,130 of 8062

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    not sure about that 3rd shot being legit though. otherwise, i'm rolling on the floor, laughing my ass off. "homie".
    In the words of the U.S. Supreme Court : “split second judgement in situations which are tense, uncertain and rapidly evolving Homie”

Ain’t no 20/20 hindsight up in here yo.

Seriously, you can’t see everything on the camera and I certainly would not take the word of a robbery suspect that his weapon is fake.
    Last edited by HCM; 01-15-2018 at 02:49 PM.

CWM11B
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    In the words of the U.S. Supreme Court : “split second judgement in situations which are tense, uncertain and rapidly evolving Homie”

Ain’t no 20/20 hindsight up in here yo.

Seriously, you can’t see everything on the camera and I certainly would not take the word of a robbery suspect that his weapon is fake.
    True. However, that particular ruling applies to police officers.
    I have no issues with any of the rounds fired from what I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    not sure about that 3rd shot being legit though. otherwise, i'm rolling on the floor, laughing my ass off. "homie".
    Furtive movement.
    Disparity of force from multiple attackers.
    Totality of the circumstances.
    I feared for my life and the life of the innocent clerk who was trapped behind the counter with the armed assailants.
    Last edited by JodyH; 01-15-2018 at 03:26 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Name:  8cd8a476ffb64fa8bf9511d20372e4fbc7d4a566cd2c144811ecdaa35b43f564.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  16.3 KB
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    True. However, that particular ruling applies to police officers.
    I have no issues with any of the rounds fired from what I saw.
    Strictly to police officers but it has broader implications as a constitutional standard for use of force... Homie.

I have no issues, legally or morally with his actions, my post was actually in response to Hufnagels concern over the 3rd shot. Good does not always equal nice.
    Last edited by HCM; 01-15-2018 at 05:09 PM.

I'm not saying the guard should get jacked up for it, just that if you take just what you see in the video, it *might* be construed as a little excessive. If I were jury though, I'd have a hard time jacking him up for it though. I'd acquit and tell him "nice shooting, tex."
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

CWM11B
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Strictly to police officers but it has broader implications as a constitutional standard for use of force... Homie.

I have no issues, legally or morally with his actions, my post was actually in response to Hufnagels concern over the 3rd shot. Good does not always equal nice.
    I agree with good does not equal nice. Just not tracking on how a ruling specifically concerning the use of force by the government (police) has a broader implication for private citizens in a defensive shooting?

Owner shoots, kills man for breaking into his car, Broward Sheriff’s Office says

Jan 13, 2018 - Broward Sheriff’s Office identified Walder Saintelus, a 22-year-old former J.P. Taravella High School student, as the man shot and killed by the owner of a car he was breaking into in a Tamarac neighborhood early Saturday morning.
    http://www.miamiherald.com/news/loca...194576804.html

A 22-year-old man on an early morning crime spree ended up shot and killed after the owner of a car he was breaking into confronted him, authorities said. The Broward County Sheriff’s Office said that Walder Saintelus was stealing from cars around a Tamarac neighborhood, WPLG Local 10 reported. According to officers, Frank Johnston, 64, was walking his dog around 5 a.m. when he saw Saintelus trying to break into his car in the 9500 block of Northwest 82nd Ct. The two clashed, and Johnston shot Saintelus. Saintelus was taken to Broward Health North in Pompano Beach, where he later died.
    http://www.miamiherald.com/news/loca...194572414.html
    Last edited by Wendell; 01-16-2018 at 01:55 PM.

Dallas Homeowner Shoots 2 Juveniles During Robbery

The incident happened at around 11 p.m. Saturday on Glen Arbor Drive near East Ledbetter. Police say the juveniles tried to rob the homeowner outside his house. The homeowner shot the two of them. A third person drove the two to a nearby hospital. Dallas police say the two juveniles face charges of aggravated robbery.
    http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/01/14/h...niles-robbery/
    Last edited by Wendell; 01-17-2018 at 04:06 AM.

Site Supporter
    Anyone post this?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/17...-shooting.html

What are the safety protocols for shooting in the public land/ desert areas out west?

User Tag List