Page 405 of 807 FirstFirst ... 305355395403404405406407415455505 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,050 of 8069

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    I'm starting to think modern medicine is one of those things where the "cure" is worse than the "disease." Is it too late to go back to bloodletting and leeches?
    Don't forget cupping.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Don't forget cupping.
    At first I was like... dude, don't get a sexual harassment lawsuit thrown against me!
    Then I remembered the "medical" thing.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    Robber killed by man who is licensed to carry

San Antonio, TX

Police said a man in his 20s went inside the restaurant and tried to rob a family of five. The father of the family refused to give the man anything and the robber turned to the employees to try to rob them.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Wow. That’s around the corner from the RV Park we stay at in San Antonio.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Looks like good old Taco Cabana in the background, that chain has been a magnet for shit as long as I can remember.

Two Winners Popeyes or Taco Cabana

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Looks like good old Taco Cabana in the background, that chain has been a magnet for shit as long as I can remember.
    Popeye’s or a TC after 1700 .......... I’ll pass.

I recall DB’s post (here or LF) a few years back about venturing into a Popeyes after Tom’s conference when it was still held in Mogadishu, a good read IF you just gotta venture into one.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Popeye’s or a TC after 1700 .......... I’ll pass.

I recall DB’s post (here or LF) a few years back about venturing into a Popeyes after Tom’s conference when it was still held in Mogadishu, a good read IF you just gotta venture into one.
    Traveling nationally as we do, we use Popeyes as a reference point for areas we’d prefer to avoid.

Site Supporter
    Where I live - Popeye's and Taco Cabana are in nice middle class neighborhoods also. There are 'nice' Walmarts also. I don't live with the super rich though (haha).

SW Military in San Antonio is not a nice neighborhood.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 12-07-2017 at 10:38 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Where I live - Popeye's and Taco Cabana are in nice middle class neighborhoods also. There are 'nice' Walmarts also. I don't live with the super rich though (haha).

SW Military in San Antonio is not a nice neighborhood.
    This ^^^ although I would add, while the area where this shooting occurred is not a nice neighborhood, it’s not the worst either.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    While I’m not a huge fan of Taco Cabana, they are in all sorts of neighborhoods here in SA. Anyplace open late on Friday and Saturday night serving drunks food is gonna be a shit magnet, White Castle and Waffle House being prime examples.

If you want a true shit magnet here - Chaco’s..... the food is good (better than taco cabana) and the margarita’s are awesome but they might as well just leave the crime scene tape up all the time....

User Tag List