Page 404 of 803 FirstFirst ... 304354394402403404405406414454504 ... LastLast
Results 4,031 to 4,040 of 8026

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    The passenger, identified as Geoffrey C. Ruscher, 42, was arrested for Assault and Battery and Causing Bodily Harm after he attacked the Uber driver who shot him in self-defense Thursday night. The Uber driver called 911 to report the shooting. Investigators interviewed witnesses who confirmed Ruscher as the aggressor. Ruscher was taken to the Sarasota County Jail after being released from the hospital. The Uber driver, who was lawfully carrying a gun, will not face any charges.
    http://www.wtxl.com/news/florida-ube...5b0a5f6f0.html
    He won't face charges but Uber will most likely remove him from driver status; both they and Lyft forbid their drivers from carrying.

Off-duty cop stops armed robbery in Brazil while holding child, firing gun:

http://abc11.com/off-duty-cop-holdin...razil/2677430/

Site Supporter
    doubled...
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 11-21-2017 at 10:57 AM.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Amp View Post
    Off-duty cop stops armed robbery in Brazil while holding child, firing gun:

http://abc11.com/off-duty-cop-holdin...razil/2677430/
    I bet his wife/baby momma will not be attending his hero parade.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Two good guys with guns stop shooting spree that left auto shop worker dead and another paralyzed:

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/11...ther-paralyzed

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    A cop in Arlington, Texas shot a shoplifter at The Parks Mall (one of the nicer malls in the Metroplex), after he pointed a BB gun at him while fleeing.

Name:  Parks Mall in Arlington police-involved shooting photograph -1.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  51.5 KB
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Darwin.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    Darwin.
    Not yet. Per the linked story, the shoplifter is still alive.

Seattle Times: Man whose life sentence was commuted by then-Gov. Gregoire now facing Kent murder charge
    In her final days in office in 2013, former Gov. Christine Gregoire commuted the life sentence of a man now charged in connection with the shooting death of a 24-year-old man at a Kent motel earlier this month.

Stonney Rivers, 50, was charged last week with first-degree murder and is being held without bail, court and jail records show.

Rivers, who was sentenced to life in prison after being convicted of his third strike in 1995, had his sentence conditionally commuted and was released from prison in January 2015, court records say. He served two years on community supervision, which ended in January.

Rivers is accused of fatally shooting David Cabrera in the face during a drug robbery at a Kent motel on Nov. 2, charging papers say. He is also charged with second-degree assault for pointing a gun at Cabrera’s girlfriend and threatening to kill her, say the charges.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Not yet. Per the linked story, the shoplifter is still alive.
    I'm starting to think modern medicine is one of those things where the "cure" is worse than the "disease." Is it too late to go back to bloodletting and leeches?
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

User Tag List