Page 4 of 807 FirstFirst ... 234561454104504 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Quote Originally Posted by BOM View Post
    Great thread Irish!
    Thanks! I encourage everyone to include any incidents that I miss and feel free to discuss any and all reports.

This is right up the road from me and the building is nestled around many University of Pittsburgh buildings.

Multiple victims in Western Psych shooting

At least five people have been shot at Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic of UPMC. One shooter has been accounted for, but police are searching for a possible second shooter.

A University of Pittsburgh police officer was grazed in the leg, officials said.

SWAT teams from Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, Port Authority and state police have been called to the scene.

Police were called shortly before 2 p.m. Police were checking reports that a person is being held hostage.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12068...#ixzz1oYj3mz3e
    Security is normally very tight at Western Psych, according to those who work there. Visitors must stop at a first-floor reception desk for a visitor's badge, but they are not checked with a metal detector until they are about to enter one of the locked units upstairs.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12068...#ixzz1oYivstg4
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    This is right up the road from me and the building is nestled around many University of Pittsburgh buildings.

Multiple victims in Western Psych shooting
    Glad to hear they got the first shooter, hopefully there isn't a second. Personally, I'll never allow myself to be "locked down" and will be hightailing it at the first given opportunity. Fish in a barrel and all that.

NJ - A suspected shoplifter who held a woman hostage at knifepoint inside Woodbridge Center was shot to death by a police officer this evening, setting off a scene of chaos inside one of New Jersey’s largest shopping malls, authorities said.

Good job done by the police officer. However, if this hadn't been NJ it could have just as easily been a regular concealed carry citizen as an off-duty cop.

MI - A man with a license to carry a concealed weapon used his gun to stop a Madison Heights man suspected of trying to assault people with a knife in the parking lot of Holiday Market, police said.
    “The suspect began approaching the couple with the knife drawn,” Royal Oak Detective Lt. Tom Goad said in a statement. “As the suspect approached, one of the customers in the lot, a CCW license holder, pulled his firearm out and ordered the suspect to drop the knife.”

The customer with the gun yelled at the suspect several times before the suspect dropped the knife and sat on the ground, police said.

Royal Oak Police arrived on the scene and arrested the suspect.

“Thanks to the quick actions of the citizen no one was hurt,” Goad said.

User Tag List