Page 324 of 806 FirstFirst ... 224274314322323324325326334374424 ... LastLast
Results 3,231 to 3,240 of 8059

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    As it turns out I know one of women killed in the Cascade Mall shooting, not real well, but I knew her.
    Sorry to hear that, bro.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Site Supporter
    Suspect in deadly shooting at Vegas Starbucks apparently angry over declined card

Citing the preliminary investigation, police said the suspect went through the drive-thru at the Starbucks on Sunday when his card was declined. The suspect then drove to another part of the building and entered the business agitated. The suspect fired two shots in the air and then fired at a customer inside.

The customer was struck in the chest area and witnesses administered CPR. Since officers treated the incident as a hostage situation there was a delay to get medical treatment to the victim. The victim was transported to Spring Valley Hospital where he or she died.

Police said as people were evacuating the Starbucks it was unclear if the suspect exited or remained inside. The suspect called police and described a different shooter prior to his arrest.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/26...ined-card.html
    Last edited by HCM; 09-26-2016 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    Mass shootings don't last long in Texas.

Police confirm suspect has been shot after allegedly opening fire at shopping center in southwestern Houston; officers say as many as 7 injured.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/26...port-says.html

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    My patrol area! Not my shift, however. I work 2200-0600; this happened at 0629, and I had burned some personal hours the time before, anyway. Had I worked Sunday night, I might have still been on my homeward commute, heard the radio traffic, and responded in my personal vehicle, though I try to be at home before 0630.

This one received an immediate and overwhelming LE response because it was on the border of the cities of Houston and West University, and near the cities of Southside Place and Bellaire. Houston PD is a very large PD, though very thinly-spread, but the other three much smaller cities, while having smaller numbers of officers, have much better coverage per square mile, and therefore had much less distance to travel to the scene. Plus, the three smaller cities seem to have an immediate mutual-aid practice in place.

Law Street, where the main part of the action occurred, is residential, to the north of the Weslayan Plaza shopping area. This was not an actual 'mall shooting' type of event. It looks like a personal issue started the incident, and it grew to a situation that endangered random folks who happened to be in the area.

The NYT headline about the Charlotte police shooting is this:

Shooting Victim Keith L. Scott Lived Sometimes Troubled but Quiet Life

But after reading 8 paragraphs, we learn this:

"Later, he moved to Texas where he shot and wounded a man in San Antonio in 2002, for which he was convicted and sentenced, in 2005, to seven years in prison."

Regardless of the circumstances of the shooting, one would think that experience would preclude someone from describing your life as quiet.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/09/23...ith-scott.html

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by IceDevil View Post
    The NYT headline about the Charlotte police shooting is this:

Shooting Victim Keith L. Scott Lived Sometimes Troubled but Quiet Life

But after reading 8 paragraphs, we learn this:

"Later, he moved to Texas where he shot and wounded a man in San Antonio in 2002, for which he was convicted and sentenced, in 2005, to seven years in prison."

Regardless of the circumstances of the shooting, one would think that experience would preclude someone from describing your life as quiet.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/09/23...ith-scott.html
    Victim!!!? Quiet life!!??????

Argh this MSM stuff is driving me crazy. I should probably go disconnect from the Internet for a while; maybe after the debate tonight.

Site Supporter
    Open carry take on probable cause in the Charlotte case. More info need on the initial interaction vs. challenging just on carry.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/presence-gu...sts_vert_image

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Open carry take on probable cause in the Charlotte case. More info need on the initial interaction vs. challenging just on carry.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/presence-gu...sts_vert_image
    Somehow.....brandishing a firearm is likely illegal, and then that whole felon with a gun thing. I guess if you are a victim class, you get a pass on these things as a cultural crime. If only there was a black cop around and a police department run by a black officer, they would not have shot him because of racism.........oh, wait a minute......nevermind.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Law enforcement sources said the shooter was wearing what appeared to be an antique German uniform with swastikas on it.
    The world is so weird.

He wasn't even northern European.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    He wasn't even northern European.
    Hey, he identified as an Aryan, okay? Knock it off with the microaggressions!
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List