Page 316 of 807 FirstFirst ... 216266306314315316317318326366416 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,160 of 8062

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

That's a big bad bag of stupid. Wow!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Talk about a bag of stupid. Darwin, except the shooter was the real dummy. Wondering aloud if something works doesn't justify your primo using you as a test dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Talk about a bag of stupid. Darwin, except the shooter was the real dummy. Wondering aloud if something works doesn't justify your primo using you as a test dummy.
    A former friend told stories of his time in Croatia during the late unpleasantness there. Apparently it was common for Serb or Croatian folks in the states to send ballistic vests to their cousins back home. There were several incidences of people sticking the vest on grandma or younger brother and whipping out a Tokarev to see if the vest from Cousin Stepan worked....

But yeah, many humans learn slowly, if at all, it seems.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Site Supporter
    Man shot was wearing flak jacket, not a bullet-proof vest

TAMPA, Fla. – Police say a 23-year-old Florida man who was shot by his cousin wasn't wearing a bulletproof vest, but instead had donned a "fragmentation protective vest," also known as a flak jacket.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/12...roof-vest.html

Site Supporter
    We all have different thresholds for what we will and will not get involved in. This is one I don't believe I could stand by and watch.

Woman, good Samaritan improving after Kansas Wal-Mart attack

SHAWNEE, Kan. – A woman has been released from the hospital and a good Samaritan who came to her aid is recovering after a suburban Kansas City Wal-Mart parking lot attack in which a suspect was killed.

Police said the Kansas City, Kansas, woman was putting her baby in her car Sunday afternoon in Shawnee when two suspects hit her in the head from behind. Shawnee police Maj. Dan Tennis says a Kansas City, Missouri, man in the parking lot who tried to help was shot several times and is recovering after undergoing surgery.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/12...rt-attack.html

Site Supporter
    Capital murder suspect fires at SAPD officers in shootout

SAPD Chief William McManus addressed the media and said that three officers approached the suspect in the 9600 block of I-35 North. Just as the suspect appeared to give himself up, he pulled out again and began shooting at officers, firing three shots, McManus said.

Three officials fired back, including an SAPD officer, Bexar County Sheriff's deputy, and a member of the U.S. Marshal's Service, McManus noted.

The suspect was transferred to SAMMC in critical condition. The suspect, Rudy Smith, 37, had a child with him. The child was reportedly not injured in the incident.

The suspect's warrants included capital murder, felony possession of a firearm, aggravated assault, and felony possession of narcotics.
    http://www.kens5.com/news/crime/capi...cers/316454825

Site Supporter

Site Supporter
    1) Radley Balko - Fuck him.
    2) "he was still a probationary employee" - right or wrong this pretty much sums up the situation.

Officers in the same incident can independently reach different "reasonable" conclusions based on the POV, training and experience without any of them being "wrong". I won't pass judgement on Mader's decision, especially based off facts supplied by a lying POS like Balko . Similarly, it's likely there is more to the Chief's decision.
    Last edited by HCM; 09-12-2016 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    1) Radley Balko - Fuck him.
    2) "he was still a probationary employee" - right or wrong this pretty much sums up the situation.

Officers in the same incident can independently reach different "reasonable" conclusions based on the POV, training and experience without any of them being "wrong". I won't pass judgement on Mader's decision, especially based off facts supplied by a lying POS like Balko . Similarly, it's likely there is more to the Chief's decision.
    I'm guessing there's a wee bit more to the story.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

User Tag List