Page 307 of 807 FirstFirst ... 207257297305306307308309317357407 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,070 of 8067

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Site Supporter
    I've seen several. I tend to flee in terror. Here's the best one. I am driving late at night in Portland, OR. I was young. I stop out an intersection. Two guys come out of a bar on the corner of an intersection slugging it out. They land on the car in front of me. First car stopped in the intersection. They continue mutual combat on the hood. The driver rolls down the window and says: Hey, wadda ya doing?

A participant says: I'll show you.

He takes the head of his foe and starts to slam it into the windshield of the car. At that point, an angry mob surges out of the bar heading for the fight.

I leap out with my 1911 and - NO!

I look at this, find a notch on the car shift that says R. I slam it into and while this is a one way street, charge backwards, find a side street and turn down it. Disappearing into the night like a cowardly dark knight. Lucky, since was late, no traffic was in back of my.

Life is all about big boy rules. I like going out and having fun and sometimes that means bars but mostly local breweries. Sometimes fights happen but I don't let the chance of some idiot doing something dumb stop my chance of having a good time with friends or my spouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...e5d5b?section=

Go to a bar area, late at night. Should be in bed like us old farts.
    I know I'm considered an old fart by most standards, but I belong since classified 6th Street and other bar districts as one of those stupid things, with stupid people at stupid times kind of thing. For ME there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to be gained by being there.

It still sux when some banger gets loose and hurts folks though.

Site Supporter
    Rule 4 reminder - shoot though's are a thing.

Psychiatric exam for dad charged over daughter's shooting

NEW BLOOMFIELD, Pa. – A judge has ordered a psychiatric evaluation for the Pennsylvania father charged in the death of his 12-year-old daughter, who was shot by a constable serving eviction papers.
    Authorities say Meyer pointed a loaded rifle at the constable on Jan. 11. Constable Clark Steele fired a shot that traveled through Meyer's arm and struck Ciara, who was standing behind her father.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/04...-shooting.html
    Last edited by HCM; 08-04-2016 at 06:24 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Psychiatric exam for dad charged over daughter's shooting

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/04...-shooting.html
    There's just no good part to that story.

Site Supporter
    Here's one from Portland.

A grand jury has returned a 21-count indictment against Michael Strickland, the man accused of pulling a handgun on a crowd of protesters in downtown Portland in early July, according to court records.

Strickland's attorney Chris Trotter countered last month in court that Strickland was a journalist with a concealed weapons license who "has every right to protect himself.''

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...cart_big-photo

The photos from the event are interesting. Probably a good fit for one of Claude Werner's negative outcome stories. But maybe not. I can't help but think he wasn't helped by having what sounds like five extra mags on him, and a 30 round Glock mag in a G-26. That's what, about 80 rounds?

Be interesting to see how it ends up.
    Last edited by idahojess; 08-04-2016 at 09:19 PM.

Site Supporter
    Retired San Antonio doctor convicted of aggravated assault in 'trespassing' clash

BOERNE - A retired San Antonio physician who brandished a pistol at two tubing girls on a Sisterdale creek last summer was convicted late Thursday of three charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
    Retired San Antonio doctor convicted of aggravated assault in 'trespassing' clash
    By Zeke MacCormack Updated 10:06 am, Friday, August 5, 2016

Kathleen Daniel could get up to 20 years if found guilty of aggravated assault. Photo: Courtesy /
    Photo: Courtesy /
    IMAGE 1 OF 13 Kathleen Daniel could get up to 20 years if found guilty of aggravated assault.
    BOERNE - A retired San Antonio physician who brandished a pistol at two tubing girls on a Sisterdale creek last summer was convicted late Thursday of three charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
    “We’re really disappointed in the verdict,” said Larry Bloomquist, attorney for defendant Kathleen D. Daniel, 72. “We felt she was acting in defense of her property, but we respect the jury system.”
    The jury, which deliberated more than eight hours before rendering its verdict about 8 p.m. Thursday, heard widely divergent accounts of the July 4, 2015 incident at the Sister Creek Vinyards.
    Teens Skylar Obuch and Jaci Lewis said Daniel pointed a gun at them as they crossed her business property while tubing on the West Sister Creek in Sisterdale, and forced them to walk out to FM 1376.
    Bobby Windle, Lewis’ step dad, said Daniel also brandished the weapon at him after he ran up the creek to find the girls, who’d alerted family members by phone that they were being detained.
    Daniel denied pointing the gun at anyone but admitted firing a bullet into the ground during the confrontation with the girls. She initially told authorities she fired to get the girls’ attention but, in an interview months later, claimed it was a misfire that resulted from her stumbling.
    http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...photo-10699419

Site Supporter
    Bystander shot and killed after man takes gun from NYPD officer

An innocent bystander was fatally shot early Tuesday when a man who was causing a disturbance at a Bronx bodega snatched a responding police officer’s gun and shots were fired, police sources said.
    Police were called and the man somehow was able to get a hold of a cop’s gun, according to the sources.

Police opened fire on the armed 30-year-old man, wounding him.

A 49-year-old innocent bystander was also shot, but it was not clear last night who fired the bullet that hit the man, the sources said.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/09...d-officer.html

It would appear we've found next summer's media sensation murder trial. It's the Washington Post, but...

Chad Copley told the 911 operator to send a police car fast — he was “locked and loaded,” he said, and going outside to confront a group of “hoodlums.”

“We got a bunch of hoodlums out here racing,” the 39-year-old Raleigh man told the dispatcher early Sunday morning. “I’m going outside to secure my neighborhood.”

The dispatcher, responding to Copley, asked: “You’re going to do what?”

“I’m going to secure my neighborhood,” Copley said.

He continued: “I’m on neighborhood watch. I am going to have the neighborhood meet these hoodlums out here racing up and down the street. It’s 1 in the morning. There’s some devil in them. They have firearms and we’re going to secure our neighborhood. If I was you, I would send PD out here as quickly as possible.”

A few minutes later, Copley was on the phone with dispatchers again.

This time, haltingly, he explained the aftermath:

“I yelled at them, ‘Please leave the premises,’ ” he said. “They were showing firearms, so I fired a warning shot and uh, we got somebody that got hit. …

“I fired my warning shot like I’m supposed to by law. … They do have firearms, and I’m trying to protect myself and my family.”

The dispatcher pressed for more information: Who’s been shot, how badly are they injured — and where, exactly, is the victim?

“Please just send a car,” Copley responded. “There’s friggin’ black males outside my friggin’ house with firearms. Please, send PD. Thank you.”

He then hung up.

When officers arrived, they found a 20-year-old black man, Kouren-Rodney Bernard Thomas, dying of a gunshot wound. He was pronounced dead at a hospital a short time later.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.3bab47e765eb

There's all kinds of stupid in those 911 excerpts. Somebody didn't pay attention to the Zimmerman case.

User Tag List